Notices

StreetStyler.com - Do not buy from these people

Old 11-10-2004, 09:08 AM
hanktoberfest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default StreetStyler.com - Do not buy from these people

CONSUMER ALERT!
STREET STYLER . COM

Take my advice, do not order from this company! You should see the correspondance thru emails that I've had with this company, un-freakin-believable. I work with shipping companies everyday, I know exactly how they operate. When there is no tracking # you have a problem. After 2 days I emailed them about it, no response. I then called them later that afternoon and they said that sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the tracking # to be issued but that it had been already shipped. The following week I sent them an email stating that I still didnt have a tracking #, no response so I had to call them again. I was then told that it was being shipped directly from AEM, passing of the buck. So after a few more days I said F-it and called AEM in Cali, their rep tells me that they don't even do buisness in the way that StreetStyler claimed, they never heard of them and advised me to cancel the order, comforting. I called back StreetStyler and they tell me this one guy handles that stuff and will be in later that day, I told them that it's really important that I talk to him and that I wanted to hear from him by the end of the day, everyone knows what happened right? No call back! I call the next day and the whole place was closed and went a day early to some show in Atlantic City.

I emailed them and finally said to cancel the order. They email me back saying no problems but I would be subject to the shipping fees still and a additional re-stocking fee.
I emailed them back saying that that’s not advisable, considering their performance.
Havent recieved an answer back on that one and I doubt after pointing out how they have lied to me and I caught them in it. Hands down the worst internet company I have ever worked with.

Fast fowared 2 weeks later. I finally got the part that I had canceled, well past the maximum shipping time of 10 days. By that time I had ordered the intake through someone else, received the part and installed it. So I put the part in the corner of my office and waited for Street Scammers to call me. Never got a call. I did get the charge on my credit card about a month after the initial order though. I call them up for an explanation on why I had received a part that I had canceled on 10/25/04 and why my credit card was charged. I get the run around from some peon and he and I have words. Tells me that they know how to deal with people like me when I told him the charges were going into dispute. ZERO accountablilty, not once did I get a “Sorry”. Since the company is only 25 miles away I told them to come get the part. I had at that point put WAY too much effort into their mistakes and lies and wanted a clean break. The charges are in dispute. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to try and get all the facts on here.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:15 PM
MilanoMan
98 Civic Ex

Originally Posted by hanktoberfest
CONSUMER ALERT!
STREET STYLER . COM

Take my advice, do not order from this company! You should see the correspondance thru emails that I've had with this company, un-freakin-believable. I work with shipping companies everyday, I know exactly how they operate. When there is no tracking # you have a problem. After 2 days I emailed them about it, no response. I then called them later that afternoon and they said that sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the tracking # to be issued but that it had been already shipped. The following week I sent them an email stating that I still didnt have a tracking #, no response so I had to call them again. I was then told that it was being shipped directly from AEM, passing of the buck. So after a few more days I said F-it and called AEM in Cali, their rep tells me that they don't even do buisness in the way that StreetStyler claimed, they never heard of them and advised me to cancel the order, comforting. I called back StreetStyler and they tell me this one guy handles that stuff and will be in later that day, I told them that it's really important that I talk to him and that I wanted to hear from him by the end of the day, everyone knows what happened right? No call back! I call the next day and the whole place was closed and went a day early to some show in Atlantic City.

I emailed them and finally said to cancel the order. They email me back saying no problems but I would be subject to the shipping fees still and a additional re-stocking fee.
I emailed them back saying that that’s not advisable, considering their performance.
Havent recieved an answer back on that one and I doubt after pointing out how they have lied to me and I caught them in it. Hands down the worst internet company I have ever worked with.

Fast fowared 2 weeks later. I finally got the part that I had canceled, well past the maximum shipping time of 10 days. By that time I had ordered the intake through someone else, received the part and installed it. So I put the part in the corner of my office and waited for Street Scammers to call me. Never got a call. I did get the charge on my credit card about a month after the initial order though. I call them up for an explanation on why I had received a part that I had canceled on 10/25/04 and why my credit card was charged. I get the run around from some peon and he and I have words. Tells me that they know how to deal with people like me when I told him the charges were going into dispute. ZERO accountablilty, not once did I get a “Sorry”. Since the company is only 25 miles away I told them to come get the part. I had at that point put WAY too much effort into their mistakes and lies and wanted a clean break. The charges are in dispute. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to try and get all the facts on here.
Friggin sucks man...spread the word. I hate bastards like that, drive down there and cuss the fag that runs the place out ...buut that's a waste of your time...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
spencerkaitlin

You were "lucky" to get them on the phone, I wasn't able to at all. If they charge me, I'm filing fraud charges. They never sent me shipping info, and unless they can show me dated business documents that prove they did ship my parts I'm not paying them a dime.

Another vote that StreetStyler is a scam.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 PM
ion

i've heard mixed reviews about streetstyler.com

that shit they pulled on you is shadey though. i was thinking of ordering some things from them but since i've heard more bad than good, i'm going to back off them.

hopefully you get things sorted out.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:50 AM
jay redhouse

i ordered a set of maxspped coilovers. they tell me that they no longer make them and that my best bet would be to get the megan coilovers, so i tell them go ahead with the order and to this day i have had no results. called there and talked to some smart guy and he told me to give them a couple days to respond. so just cancelled my order. i will no longer deal with people or companys from PA...
Old 04-20-2007, 08:57 AM
lufkintravis

Why not report to better business bureau and get it on record?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:25 PM
jay redhouse

better business bureau wont do a damn thing. i know that for a fact. there just there to waste money.