Notices

DONOT buy FROM THIS GUY

Old 09-01-2003, 09:44 AM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DONOT buy FROM THIS GUY

Never buy from a guy name cypprim on HAN. I sent him a $380 dollars money order for a tranny, then after he got the check he said that He doesnt know what im talking about and i'll never hear from him again. I bought the money order with my debit card, and mailed it to his address. He gave me two phone numbers which i could contact him at, but he aint picking up no more. When i actually got to him with a different phone NUmber he just hangup and emailed me saying that his battery was low. Since it was on a debit and it was money order can anyone tell me what i can do? Can i go to my bank and tell them to charge back on that purchase? And since its a money order, is it possible for them to know which bank he cashed it at? Help me what can I do.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:57 AM
1999ex

Did you get the money order from a bank..?
Usually they can cancel it kinda like a stop payment on a check of course there is a fee for it, and if it has already cleared then there is nothing the bank can do.. other than report it as fraud, and try to prosecute.
Hopefully he deposited it in his bank which would make it simple for the bank.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

is this the thread you are talking about?

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=87863
Old 09-01-2003, 10:04 AM
jennifermike

drive to his house and knock on his face, i mean his door and get your money back plus your tranny. hell take his car, money, girl, even his mom, maybe she will give you some good loving for all your troubles.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:47 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jennifermike
drive to his house and knock on his face, i mean his door and get your money back plus your tranny. hell take his car, money, girl, even his mom, maybe she will give you some good loving for all your troubles.
:thumbup: :naughty:
Old 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
machinehead

call his local police and say he is doing internet and mail fraud. They will hook you up. dont delete your emails
Old 09-01-2003, 09:16 PM
LegendKing

As stated, keep ALL correspondence (email and otherwise). I work at a bank, and I can tell you that they will only initiate a chargeback on goods or services. In other words, I don't think that they will chargeback a money order, b/c the tranny in this case was not what you paid for with the debit card (the money order was). Long story short, I would do as previously recommended, and that would be to follow up with the local police in his area. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:39 PM
tank242

Well he got me also, I sent him 40 bucks for a radiator and fan, nothing yet. The phone number is not working that he gave. I got his home number and he is never there. I sent him a money order also (my bad..I usually use paypal only). Sorry for your loss, 40 bucks will not break my bank, but a cheat is a cheat and all should know not to deal with this guy.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin

yea its that forum, im pretty darn mad about this. I was on my way to the post office to file a fraud claim and then he called. Saying that he is on vacation and his partner was the one doing that to me. Now he says hes gonna find him and shit. Imma call him tomomorw and if he doesnt answer, Im filing that report then pry fly down there and have a talk with him mano y mano.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:47 AM
DRTHV8R

When ever you send a money order you should send it certified mail so that recipt is acknowledged. Then when you don't receive your stuff you have a federal case. Kick his A$$.