Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

5 channel Amp sugestions

Old 09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
gpappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 channel Amp sugestions

I know this is purely subjective:

Was looking at JL AUdio 500/5

but for less than 600$ what other 5 channel amps do you all recommend? (brands etc)

dont need 10000 watts of power just good quality sound.

Thinking of using JL audio speakers, maybe inifity kappas?

FOr 95 integra ls
Old 09-29-2003, 05:05 PM
94cc0rd

Kicker 700.5
Old 09-29-2003, 06:41 PM
rcurley55

I'd rather run a 4 channel and no rear channels.....
Old 10-02-2003, 05:16 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

personally, i am looking at the alpine v12 and ppi models.

alpine mrv-f450 is cheaper than ppi 5800.

i'm not a big fan of kicker or mtx, although the mtx one is pretty cheap and powerful according to their numbers.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:54 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

I dunno... I used to be a big fan of JL amps, but recently both the 300/4 and 500/1 I installed in my bro's car have died. They still power up but have no output. I know he plays the music a little louder than he should, but come on, these are Jl's... The old school RF (black bbq) amps I had in my old car did just fine and are still kicking it hard, even after he had my old car for over a year.

Kicker amps, imo, are way too big for the kind of power they produce. Been there and done that and I did not like them either. They got very hot, too. I love their Squares, but not their amps.

MTX, well, check out at Circuit City.

Alpine has always been solid and my PPI PC4800 is still going strong.

One amp company I never bought but would definitely do if money wasn't an issue is Phoenix Gold. I think their Titanium line is solid and the resale values (i.e. like on ebay) prove they are high quality.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:12 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

Originally posted by SiClone
I dunno... I used to be a big fan of JL amps, but recently both the 300/4 and 500/1 I installed in my bro's car have died. They still power up but have no output. I know he plays the music a little louder than he should, but come on, these are Jl's... The old school RF (black bbq) amps I had in my old car did just fine and are still kicking it hard, even after he had my old car for over a year.

Kicker amps, imo, are way too big for the kind of power they produce. Been there and done that and I did not like them either. They got very hot, too. I love their Squares, but not their amps.

MTX, well, check out at Circuit City.

Alpine has always been solid and my PPI PC4800 is still going strong.

One amp company I never bought but would definitely do if money wasn't an issue is Phoenix Gold. I think their Titanium line is solid and the resale values (i.e. like on ebay) prove they are high quality.
i've heard mtx had some shorting problems. so be careful

PG is good, but just cost too much for me. same with JL. so that's why i'm looking at alpine and ppi.