Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

94 teg crossovers & 5ch amp install loc?

Old 07-16-2002, 01:08 PM
Takumi Fujiwara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 teg crossovers & 5ch amp install loc?

I'm thinking about moving my crossovers for my pkc 116 components out of my doors and somewhere else. Anyone have ideas? Maybe under the driver's seat? Where have you all installed crossovers for component speakers.

Also, where do you people install your amps? My 5 channel may not fit under the passenger seat... it's on the back seat right now (I'm trying to avoid losing my spare tire).

Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:25 PM
b00gers

i have the xovers mounted into the door right now, but am making a little rack for them to put under the seat.

i have my amps all in my trunk, if you dont want to lose a lot of space then you can mount it onto the back of the rear seat.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Takumi Fujiwara

I have my amp on my drivers side rear seat, but I want to hide everything, while I optimize trunk space. I had a "what you call a rack" built into my doors , but one of the racks broke, and also, because the door is a daily opened/closed item, the crossovers are always being put unto stress.

Anyhow, is there a problem with just drilling the crossovers and the amp directly onto the floor, through the carpet under the seats? Am I going to hit something? Or do I need to put it on a piece of wood or something and then mount it under the seat?
Old 07-16-2002, 02:48 PM
b00gers

i would put it on a peice of wood first. you might want to double check and find out if there are wires there...but generally the wires run through the center and around the edges of the car.,
Old 07-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Takumi Fujiwara

so you would put the amp and the crossovers on a piece of wood first before mounting them under the front seats?
Old 07-19-2002, 09:37 AM
97teg

I have the crossivers in my doors for about two years and have had no problems. They jsut have a metal strip glued to them and screwed into the door. The crossovers are probably not active which would mean electronics so they are just resistors and coils soldered on a board. I think it would be very hard to shake them hard enough to break them. It would keep them out of the way and make wiring simpler. Why don't you want to keep the amp on you back seat wouldn't the shelf hide it?

Last edited by 97teg; 07-19-2002 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Takumi Fujiwara

I want to build a custom box that'll house 2 or maybe 3 8" microsubs... and I want them to sit flush with my back seat and also clear the rear strut bar.

I may leave my crossovers in the doors just to escape the pain in my ass of having to run new wires through that small black tube that carries wires between the cockpit and the doors.