Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

not sure what to get for my integra

Old 09-22-2003, 01:07 PM
kfar09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not sure what to get for my integra

well i blew one of my stock speakers and i feel now is as good a time as any to put a nice little system in.

im gonna replace my stock head unit and the speakers for now. i've been looking around and haven't been sure on what to get.

people say that the infinity kappa component speakers are nice but i talked to a guy at crutchfield and he said they wouldn't fit in the front of my integra. he suggested the infinity reference 6002SI 6 1/2 for the front. he said these are shallow mount which is what i need. now i dont know how good these are. it says 150 watts but i dont know how good that will sound. what would you guys suggest. or what do you have in your integra that sounds good. i need help b/c im sick of this blown speaker. please help me out. thanks

kevin
Old 09-23-2003, 08:00 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Well, many of the mid to high end speakers will not fit in Tegs because they are too deep, just like what the guy at Crutchfield said. BUT, it is still possible to go with something that is deeper if you don't mind the extra time and effort it will take to put them in (i.e. removing the stock plastic baffle behind the speaker).

Here's what I recommend for you though:

Try and narrow down your choices for a deck. Then go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Good Guys, Tweeter, etc... and try out different deck and speakers combos. When you find the one that sounds the best, either make a note of the model #'s or write them down. Now, go on the net and/or ebay and find those things for less....

As for the speaker saying 150 watts, that's the max power the set can take. However, a 4 channel amp pumping out 150 watts x 4 would be outrageously expensive, very large, and not necessary. An amp that puts out 50-75 watts x 4 would be plenty in your Teggy.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:11 PM
kfar09

anyone have the rockford fosgate 6 1/2 components up front?
or the fosgate 6 1/2 titanium 2 ways? these are the speakers i was looking at getting b/c a friend works at best buy and can get them for pretty cheap. and i could get the 4 yr warranty so if i blew them they would replace them for free.

the titanium plated 2way is 70 watts rms and the components are 50 watts rms. that should be good for a little integra right.

and do you think i should get a 4 channel amp to run to the speakers as well.

one more thing, when the head unit runs 23 watts rms to each speaker... the amp would add to those right?

please help clarify these things for me
Old 10-12-2003, 11:11 PM
LALno1

I fit the infinity 6002i's in my integra 96 RS. I just had to take out the plasic backing to the stock speaker, so if you have the money for the kappa perfects, they should fit.