Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

92 accord factory stereo options

Old 09-03-2003, 01:58 AM
Happs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 accord factory stereo options

Hi,
I'd like to replace my factory AM/FM cassette deck with either essentially the same deck (but one that has the CD button) plus a single CD player underneath in the void space OR put in a 1991-1995 Acura Legend head unit with a CD changer in the trunk. Is the latter possible or do these Acura Legend radios only go together with a complete Bose system? In other words, what factory Honda radios and CD players/changers will fit into my 1992 Accord spot? I'd like to have both tape and CD capabilities. When I am shopping on Ebay for a unit, I see factory radios that I like the looks of but they say will fit '97-'00 Accords for example. Can this unit fit possibly into a 1992 Accord? I am not interested in any aftermarket radio, even though they might be better. Don't like the looks of them and can't stand the tiny buttons. I'm even worried about getting aftermarket speakers since I can't get a straight answer from a car stereo shop on how they are going to make the speaker fit and look decent into the original spot.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:35 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

an acura legend deck would not work, as you would need the whole bose system... which would be pointless to swap all the pieces. If you want a clean looking double-DIN, look for a 96-98 Acura TL NON bose deck, it was a cd player and cassette deck in one unit. It would plug directly into your car. Mounting may be a small task, but im sure you could come up with an easy solution.
If you go with a cassette deck that looks like yours (but adds the CD option) you wont run into any mounting problems. The add-on cd player mounts to the stock bracket in the car, so there still wouldnt be any mounting issues... and the add-on cd player just plugs into the back of the cd capable cassette deck.

There shouldnt be any reason in the world why you cant change your speakers too, and not change the look of the car. The speakers mount inside the front door panels... and inside grills in the rear deck... you'll never see them. What model accord do you have? the DX and LX models have 6.5" speakers front and back... and the EX had 5" up front (smaller than a 5 1/4) and 6x9's in the rear.

feel free to email me, sumkidwithacl@aol.com, if you have any more questions or if I did not give enough specifics.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:36 AM
BoyWonder

If anyone is still looking at this, I have a 92 accord and got a 96 Integra deck and cd unit and replaced mine. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the cd player and try to use it, It displays 'CDEEE' and wont work. Anyone knows what this means or has any idea(s)??