Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

planning to replace stock speakers

Old 07-13-2002, 04:12 AM
kokology

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default planning to replace stock speakers

i have a 96 accord that i'm planning to replace all the stock speakers. i currently have an old pioneer hu. anyone here use RAAMmat? i've found a deal at http://www.cureline.net/lex/raamsale.htm and was thinking about buying some, but i'm not sure how extensively it should be used. i'm not an all-out enthusiast. i just want something that will sound good. i listen to rap and trance/house/dance music. i'm trying to find the best deals.

for the front i've been considering these crystal components:
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCSC50T
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCSC50S
i'm just not sure what the difference between the titanium and silk tweeters is.

as for the back i'm not sure what type of 6x9's to go with. should i look for 2-way or 3-way? are there such things as 6x9 components.

also what brand and type of amp do you guys recommend using with these 4 speakers?

as you can see i'm new at this. any feedback would be appreciated
Old 07-13-2002, 07:01 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

I've used Raammat 60 in my civic and its very easy to cut and aply. I only used 1 layer for the trunk and it definitely reduced the rattly and vibration from the trunk lid. This is the first type of sound deadener I've ever used so I can't comment about other brands. But I did my reasearch before buying and Raammat 60 is pretty much the same as Dynamat Xtreme without the hefty price.

As for tweeters, titanium will be brighter and silk will sound softer. It's all preference. If you want ear-piercing highs when you crank it all the way up, then titanium is the way to go. I have MB Quarts and they come wth titanium tweeters. I would suggest going to a stereo shop to listen to some components that use titanium and silk tweeters to see what you like more...

2 or 3 way 6x9's would also be fine for the rears. Some may say skip them because they are just for fill, but I say go ahead and put new ones in...

As for an amp to power your new speakers, something in the neighborhood of 75-100 watts a piece would work fine. Some examples are PPI PC4800, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, JL 300/4....
Old 07-16-2002, 04:22 AM
kokology

does anyone have any recommendations for any 6x9's?