Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

choosing a new alarm...suggestions?

Old 07-26-2003, 10:45 AM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default choosing a new alarm...suggestions?

ok...i'm gonna get a new alarm. i've been lookin at clifford and alpine, but i'm open to other suggestions. cost doesn't matter. paging option is a must, but i don't necessarily need the 2 way lcd remote...a seperate page receiver is fine.

multiple aux outs is necessary, at least 3.

i liked the lcd display alpine used to have in the sec-8063...but that alarm has been discontinued.

wireless cutoff in the clifford is excellent, that would be great but not absolutely necessary.

please, save the "alarms are useless buy a rabid mule to keep in the back seat" comments...i'm not asking whether i should get an alarm or not.

thanks for your ideas!
Old 07-27-2003, 12:59 PM
LjN_728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well since nobody has replied to this thread, I thought I'd give u my .002 cents! Basically the only way to go with alarms is with the 2 way paging. It's so reliable, if u're within a certain distance. But yea...clifford and alpine are one of the two better brands out there. Only because people buy them and they invest more in their technology. The only thing that I've noticed that is the Clifford's range compared to Alpine's is slightly better. I'm not too sure what the prices for those brands are nowadays. But I kno for a good no named aftermarket 2 way paging alarm, it'll run u up to $400. Multiple aux is no prob. Most new alarms are equiped to handle that. So you can have ur remote engine start, remote power windows, trunk release, etc. Good luck man!