Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

need instruction on installing audio system in 97 integra

Old 07-24-2003, 01:05 PM
gAmEs0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need instruction on installing audio system in 97 integra

hi

just bought 97 integra. need help in installing the head unit, speakers, and running the wire. i m basically need pointer on how to take out the stock deck, front and rear speakers, and running the speakers wire from the front door panel to the amp.

my deck will be 2 single DIN deck as i use a tape deck and a DSP deck. do i still need kit?

also, i know that RCA and power have to be separate from each other, as far as it can, but how about the speaker cable? can speaker cable mix with RCA on one side (the RCA and right speaker cable) and with power on the other side (power and the left speaker cable on driver side)? or speaker must run separately (middle)?

if anyone can recommend setup, please let me know.

thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Big Chaze
Mr Clutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need instruction on installing audio system in 97 integra

Originally posted by gAmEs0n
hi

just bought 97 integra. need help in installing the head unit, speakers, and running the wire. i m basically need pointer on how to take out the stock deck, front and rear speakers, and running the speakers wire from the front door panel to the amp.

my deck will be 2 single DIN deck as i use a tape deck and a DSP deck. do i still need kit?

also, i know that RCA and power have to be separate from each other, as far as it can, but how about the speaker cable? can speaker cable mix with RCA on one side (the RCA and right speaker cable) and with power on the other side (power and the left speaker cable on driver side)? or speaker must run separately (middle)?

if anyone can recommend setup, please let me know.

thanks
You need a manual to see where you have screws in your console.
As far as the rca wire,.. it can go with the speaker wire.
It cant go with the power wire.

The way I do it.. I run the power wire alone on on side of the car, everything else on the other side. I also use a noise filter in line with the rca wires, just in case.