Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   component speaker systems (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/85253-component-speaker-systems.html)

4thgen91EFhatch 07-21-2003 10:00 PM

component speaker systems

so what exactly is a component speaker system?...i was lookin at em on ikesound cause i'm ordering my amp and EQ from them tomorrow and i need an extra pair of 5-6.5 speakers...size doesn't matter cause they're goin into my fiberglass rear setup...it will be very nice...is the component set just like 6.5" "woofers" with seperate tweeters and mini amps or something? what are those little things in the pics?...i'm gettin confused here...sorry if this is a stupid question...i'll just delete this once i get my answer

red 97 lude 07-21-2003 10:32 PM

those little things you speak of are crossovers. they just send the right signal to the correct speaker. for example it will send only the high frequencies to the tweeters so they dont play the lower notes.

LjN_728 07-22-2003 07:37 AM

components are just a better way of separating ur highs and ur lows. You kno how u see 2 or 3 wk spkrs? just think of those tweeters being separated. Sometimes you rather hear the highs coming right at you instead of under you. Get what i'm? Components can cost a lot and typically needs an amp to get the most out of it. you kno...a 4 channel amp. anymore info?

4thgen91EFhatch 07-22-2003 08:35 AM

so there is a cross over for both right and left?...or the mid and the tweeter?...and if i was usin an amp(i probably will if i go with a component system) could i use a 2 channel...will i just have one set of wires going into each crossover?...also, who makes good eq's...i want one with about 5 rca outputs...thanks for the help

SiClone 07-22-2003 09:42 AM

There are 2 crossovers for each set of components. One for the right and one for the left. You connect the speakers wires from the amp to the crossover and then connect the woofer and tweeter to the crossover as well.

4thgen91EFhatch 07-22-2003 10:30 AM

got it man...thanks for the help:thumbup:

97teg 07-22-2003 05:49 PM

No reason why you couldn't use a two channel. One channel to each side. You could always add another 2 channel later on and have effectivly a 4 channel. Depends on the rout, space money ect.
As far as wiring you will have wires from the amp to the crossovers (+ and -) then from the crossovers there will be two wires, one will go to the tweeters(+&-) and the other to the mid(+&-). DO NOT GET THESE MIXED UP. If you do youll probably have to buy new speakers. Double check before you power up. Most eqs don't have x-overs you may need to buy a seperate x-over the get all those inputs. Why do you need so many?

4thgen91EFhatch 07-22-2003 06:41 PM

dude i didnt get what you were sayin when you said "Most eqs don't have x-overs you may need to buy a seperate x-over the get all those inputs. Why do you need so many?"...who said anything about eq's? and "so many" whats?...sorry...hope i didnt sound like a jackarse there

97teg 07-22-2003 07:51 PM

Why do you need so many rca outputs on the eq? But it looks like you've already found an eq that works so the whole thing is irrelevant anyways. I just thought you wanted some advice on getting an eq. Youll still have to use a crossover to send the lows to your sub and highs to your components. This will be in addition to the crossovers that come with the speakers.

4thgen91EFhatch 07-22-2003 10:15 PM

so i need more crossovers for the component speakers?...what exactly do crossovers do?...only allow certain frequencies to go through?