Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

rockford fosgate punch 800a4 configuration?

Old 07-16-2003, 10:30 AM
ClayMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rockford fosgate punch 800a4 configuration?

First of all, any testomonials about this amp?

I have 2 400W RMS, 600W max, 4ohm 10" Kenwood subs. They're sorta old, probably from the 90s so I think they're single voice coils.

if you look at the specs of the amp here:
http://www.levinelawonline.com/Rockf...ower_800a4.htm

it says that bridged, it can do 400W x 2, which would be perfect for my subs right? however it says that it's stable into 4 ohms in mono mode... my subs are 4 ohms, but I also remember reading somewhere that when bridged, a 4 ohm load reads as 2 ohms to the amplifier. can someone verify this? would the amp be stable running 400W monoi bridged into 2 separate 4ohm subs?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:00 AM
jhargrove

I can help ya here. I have the 600a4, two channels running my components, the other two channels bridged to one sub. I will assume you want to bridge your amp from 4 channels to 2 channels.

Since you have 2 subwoofers, each one being 4 ohms, you should bridge the front channels (left & right) together and put one sub on it, then bridge the rear channels (left & right) together to power the second sub. You will NOT connect the two subs together; they are run independently of each other.

In this configuration, you will put a 4 ohm load on each bridged pair of channels, which is FINE.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:40 AM
b00gers

jhargrove is right. you are not bridging the subs together. you are bridging the channels on the amp.

so you would want this:

ch 1 = positive from sub #1
ch 2 = negative from sub #1
ch 3 = positive from sub #2
ch 4 = negative from sub #2