Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Lo~Jack In Maryland

Old 07-09-2002, 11:35 AM
integramodder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lo~Jack In Maryland

Who has it in maryland???
Old 07-09-2002, 09:05 PM
LjN_728

Cars get jacked in Maryland? haha jk
Old 07-09-2002, 11:36 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Lo jack is only worth having if you realize your car has been stolen rather quickly so you can make the phone call to activate the system and track it down, if it hasn't been dumped already:naughty: When my Civic got stolen, Lojack would have probably allowed me to get my car back, I heard the alarm chirp, ran out there to check on it, and heard it hauling ass out the driveway of the apt complex. I gave chase but in vain.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:58 AM
integramodder

well im going to have a clifford with a few loud ass horns on it...
and a pager.... hopefully thatll wake me up...

how much do they run? are they worth it? can you do self install?
Old 07-10-2002, 05:49 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by integramodder
well im going to have a clifford with a few loud ass horns on it...
and a pager.... hopefully thatll wake me up...

how much do they run? are they worth it? can you do self install?
They are worth every penny. I am getting a Clifford Concept 600 w/wireless immobilizer and digital tilt/motion sensor. This is gonna run me near $500 but if it will keep my car where I park it, it's all good. After my car got stolen, I visited alot of local shops inquiring about alarms and I got alot of information from them and did alot of research on the net too and the overwhelming consensus is that Clifford is the way to go. I could go on for days about how Clifford is so much better than most other alarms out there, but I won't. I don't feel like ranting right now. But no matter what alarm you get, if it's not installed right, it's worthless.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
integramodder

yea, I got the AG4 with the digital tilt, digital dual zone proximity, and the digital omnisensor. Im now waiting to receive my omnisensor and the data port replicator so that I can plug it upto my lap top.
I need to figure out how to hook up a back up battery, can someone help?

Ive been going out to junk yards just to find out how the tegs are wiried under the carpets and stuff to see where I can run the wires and all... a few junk yards just let you sign a waver and give you the tool to just go out and dig
ill screw around for two hours, taking the whole dash and ish apart, and then come back and say I only needed the oil cap or something stupid like that, so I get to know how to take my car apart for a few hours for 5 bucks...
Old 07-10-2002, 08:20 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

yea, I got the AG4 with the digital tilt, digital dual zone proximity, and the digital omnisensor. Im now waiting to receive my omnisensor and the data port replicator so that I can plug it upto my lap top.
I need to figure out how to hook up a back up battery, can someone help?

Ive been going out to junk yards just to find out how the tegs are wiried under the carpets and stuff to see where I can run the wires and all... a few junk yards just let you sign a waver and give you the tool to just go out and dig
ill screw around for two hours, taking the whole dash and ish apart, and then come back and say I only needed the oil cap or something stupid like that, so I get to know how to take my car apart for a few hours for 5 bucks...
Damn bro, you got the AvantGuard4:drool: That's the tightest alarm I have ever seen. I thought I wanted that too until I seen the $1200 price tag that came with it Yeah, im getting the dual stage proxy sensor too. I think if I had this alarm instead of my crappy Viper 300ESP, id still be bling blingin' in my clean 4th gen Civic right now, except I'd have my DOHC swap in it by now:angry:
Old 07-13-2002, 11:41 AM
integramodder

well over all, its going to run me around 700.

(prices shipped)
$425 for alarm
$90 Crimestopper Remote Pager
$30 for digital onmi sensor
$45 for data port replicator to program from laptop (free online software)
$25 Some cheap back up horn.
$80 Hella Supertones
$12 Back up battery.

Misc wires and connectors and what not

Install and all will be done by yours truley.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:52 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Install and all will be done by yours truley.
You got skills like that huh? I'll install stereo systems all day, but I haven't braved an alarm install yet. I imagine the hardest part would be trying to keep it stealth and blending in the wires with the factory wires so the "brain" can't easily be traced. Let me know how it goes.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:47 PM
integramodder

Its not as important to do a stealth install so the brain cant be traced as it is so that you cannot get to the brain.

The brain has to be mounted in a location in which you cannot get to it without taking a lot of things off.

For stealth wiring, Im just using 4 different color wires over and over and over again.

Im more worried about taking the car apart than I am about the install of the alarm itself.
I hope it wont be much harder than I imagine.