Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

little red neon (in my car)

Old 07-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Ross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little red neon (in my car)

I have a 2000 civic and behind the two cup holders is a deep compartment, at night all my gauges light up red and I was thinking of getting a very small neon or a small light and hiding it in there so when the headlights are on the little compartment glows red......…I think they do this in VW and eclipse..............................what do you guys think????
Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

F the neon haters

I have a small 7inch blue neon that lights when the glove box is open to light up my crossovers that are installed in there.

Go for it dood!
Old 07-09-2003, 06:44 PM
MPerson

If you do it behind the cupholders, do 2 more in the footwells, that'll look pretty nice, just straight wire it into the fuses of your headlights.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:55 AM
Ross

that is a good idea do you have any picts. of it ?
Old 07-10-2003, 01:40 PM
cascivic

Originally posted by Mike94CivicEX
If you do it behind the cupholders, do 2 more in the footwells, that'll look pretty nice, just straight wire it into the fuses of your headlights.
thats what i have done it looks sweet but you probable want it wired to your cig lighter ( needs ignition on) and put a switch so its not always on so you can shut it off if you get pulled over
Old 07-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Ross

I got it wired tonight I hid a micro switch (small toggle switch) behind the center console and hid a small light up in the compartment behind the cup holders it looks great and it is on when the lights are on, or on when the toggle is on
Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 AM
MPerson

Nice, i don't have any neons in my car right now, but I will be putting 2 10" blue neons in my trunk next to where you pull out/put in the tail light bulbs and will be shining on my subs. And i am hooking that up to the cig lighter, then to a switch so it won't be on all the time.

I have those nice missile looking switches with the flip up safety cover, i have 2, one for my amplifier and one that i will use for those neons.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:50 AM
Ross

this is a pic. of the VW i got the idea from the pic. is out of a mag. so it is not the best but you can get the idea.............................................. .................................................. ........................ http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ion=%7Elwf0001