Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

does anyone have an Alpine headunit?

Old 07-09-2002, 09:15 AM
EJ6 Civic
Big Stud Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have an Alpine headunit?

Back in March I bought an Alpine headunit, CDM 7871 model, and it's the biggest pile of crap. But everyone I talk to always talks about how good Alpine is.
Mine is the kind where the face plate rotates out automatically so that you can insert a cd. Well 4 times already, the face would rotate out, but the cd would get jammed and then the face wouldn't rotate back up. Then finally they replaced with with another(new) 7871 model, and now this one has a problem. You go to eject a CD and the top lip part of the opening where the CD goes in is too low, so the CD gets jammed, unless i take my fingers and open the CD opening up more.
This is such B.S. So I gotta bring the stereo back to Sh*tty City again and try to get it fixed. I'm thinking of just buying a new stereo, but don't know if I should try my luck with a different alpine, or just get a whole different brand headunit? This really sucks.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:42 AM
parcero

It just so happens that I have the same radio. As a matter of fact, I bought two of those: one for an Integra and another for a Prelude. The Prelude one never had any problems, until it got stolen The Integra one has worked fine. It is now on my new Accord. And still works fine. You should probably try to get another Alpine if this one is not working out for you. But one thing for sure, Alpine does make really good radios.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:03 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by parcero
But one thing for sure, Alpine does make really good radios.
This is very true. I have this one

CDA-7873

And I love it!! Had it for almost a year and no problems. So many features, easy to use, and worth every penny.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:53 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

should i post a three page rant about how alpine sucks?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:31 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by fujiwara takumi
should i post a three page rant about how alpine sucks?
You could, but would that change the fact that my deck works out for me fine and hasn't given me anything but satisfaction? Nope, so go for it. Now im interested to hear what you have to say
Old 07-10-2002, 04:36 AM
parcero

Yeah, I wanna hear it too.:thumbup:
Old 07-10-2002, 09:05 AM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Well I'm using the 7875 right now and I used to have a 7863, both were swing face models. My 7863's motorized face went crazy on me a few times, but it was okay because I took it back to Circuit ****ty and they fixed and eventually replaced my 7863 with the 7875. I haven't had a problem with the 7875 yet and we've had no problems with the three swing face alpines we have on display that take constant abuse from employees and customers.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:07 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by 94uhkord

You could, but would that change the fact that my deck works out for me fine and hasn't given me anything but satisfaction? Nope, so go for it. Now im interested to hear what you have to say
it was an inside joke and i think you just missed it, congratulations.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:37 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by fujiwara takumi

it was an inside joke and i think you just missed it, congratulations.
:dunno: :doh:
Old 07-10-2002, 07:33 PM
steveng

Alpine head unit is known to be the best out there. i had CDA-7875 which was stolen last week. that **** got so many features and so many ways you can tune ur music. i highly recommend Alpine head unit to everyone. btw, im getting the 2002 model which is CDA-7893.

Quick Reply: does anyone have an Alpine headunit?