Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   eHH... Ghetto.... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/80888-ehh-ghetto.html)

Technodigifreak 07-02-2003 08:17 PM

eHH... Ghetto....

I have dual 12s in a single (though internally seperated) cabinet in my trunk. sounds sweet. I have a problem with the box sliding on my carpetted mat in my trunk, any ideas?

oh yeah and I don't want to have to resort to rubber stretch cords...........

Technodigifreak 07-02-2003 09:36 PM

still no replies?? :(

97teg 07-02-2003 09:59 PM

Maybe some velcrow on the bottom of the box so it will grab. Or screw it down maybe.

93accord4door 07-03-2003 08:13 AM

i have the same problem u have to just deal with it or get some L brackets, but too me thats too much work and it looks kinda ghetto, or save up n get fiberglas :thumbup: that what im doin

firebane 07-03-2003 10:04 AM

Try using a piece of rubber.. maybe couple of floor mats or something. Rubber will hold to the carpet better than carpet to carpet. Or it may look a bit goofy but remember that carpet protectors you can buy with those sharp little points on the bottom.. put some of that on the bottom of your box. paint it accordingly and put it down.. spikes dig into carpet and it shouldn't slide unless you are REALLY giving it around corners. =]

b00gers 07-03-2003 10:59 AM

Originally posted by firebane
Try using a piece of rubber.. maybe couple of floor mats or something. Rubber will hold to the carpet better than carpet to carpet. Or it may look a bit goofy but remember that carpet protectors you can buy with those sharp little points on the bottom.. put some of that on the bottom of your box. paint it accordingly and put it down.. spikes dig into carpet and it shouldn't slide unless you are REALLY giving it around corners. =]
good idea with the rubber feet. but those plastic covers wont work, for me at least. the carpet in the trunk is a thin piece of matting. not plush carpet, so the spikes wont grab.

i think putting on velco will be most effective and easy.

Technodigifreak 07-03-2003 07:05 PM

yeah i think velcro is gonna be my best choice--thanks all

r2k2d2 07-04-2003 08:08 AM

velcro works really well. thats wat i use to keep my box from sliding around the trunk and it works like a champ.

Matt86 07-04-2003 08:50 AM

Originally posted by firebane
that's what i did and my box doesn't really move anymore

Technodigifreak 07-05-2003 06:59 PM

i removed the mat that was sliding around on me and carpetted the entire trunk over my dynamat, then put 2- 12" strips of velcro, that fawker ain't goin nowhere :D