Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

installing HU in a 94

Old 07-01-2003, 08:42 AM
m3dia_lab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing HU in a 94

i just got my civic, iv been into car audio im trying to put my 840mp in there. but im not too sure how to get the stock one out. can someone point me in the right direction.

and people who have amps can you tell me where you ran your power wire threw the firewall?

and whats the ampage on the stock alternator
Old 07-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Josher

On my integra there was a large rubber grommit in the firewall, roughly 2 inches in diameter. I simply popped the rubber grommit out, slit an X in the grommit and fed my wire through there. If you decide to drill your own hole, make sure you have some sort of rubber grommit or firewall feed wrap so that overtime you don't slice through your wire and cause a short.

I wouldn't really worry about your stock alternators amperage, less you've got some more toys you plan on installing.

Can't help you with removing the amp, since I don't know where its located in your car.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:50 PM
oneslowrex

If the stock radio is in there, you need to remove the four screws holding the ashtray/lighter/pocket assembly, pull that off and you can access the two 8mm bolts holding the radio in. Hope that helps.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:07 AM
m3dia_lab

yeah thanks i got my new deck in, got any pix to where i run my power wire? im running 4 awg
Old 07-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Josher

Does your car have that firewall grommit?
Old 07-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Josher

These are some shots of my wiring. The red wire is for my amp which is in the hatch of my integra. The blue wire is for my Alpine Head Unit. The small black one (if you see it) is for my fog lights. Hope this helps. You can always rewire later if you dislike what you did the first time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
overall.jpg (37.6 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Josher

I don't know why this didin't post the first time.... When I took the interior of my car out to put down the Brown Bread, I ran the wire through the factory green plastic enclosure.