Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

im officially retarded.. (making a sub box attempt)

Old 06-21-2003, 07:34 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default im officially retarded.. (making a sub box attempt)

spent an hour cutting the wood and measuring everything like twice, because we didnt take the 3/4" thickness into account. finally got around to putting it together, and of course, all three of us, didnt bother to match up the sides that we marked, so we put it together wrong, and now the front and back pieces dont fit on. h:

so now i have to go buy all new wood for another 20ish bucks and cut it all out again. but i am making it a little bigger because i think the sub barely wouldve fit in it. so it might be good that i have to start over...

anyways. how did you guys cut the hole out for the sub? im about to just use a rotozip to cut out the circle.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:40 AM
rcurley55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a router for my circles. Did you calculate the volume of the box to make sure it's the right size? Do that first and make sure it's the right size.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:19 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

hehe, me and a buddy did that once h:
Old 06-21-2003, 04:10 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by rcurley55
I use a router for my circles. Did you calculate the volume of the box to make sure it's the right size? Do that first and make sure it's the right size.
yeh its the right size.. i had to make it a little bigger than i wanted, but the sub has to fit in it. whatever, im not too concerned about it
Old 06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
99aznaccord

Also make sure that the depth is correct when designing the box first. Remember.....measure twice, cut once. For the hole, I always take the face plate and connect the top corner of one end to the other side on the bottom corner and vice versa. This makes a big 'X'. By doing this, you find the center of the box. If you have one sub, use a compass and draw out your circle from the middle or measure out from the center until you have enough space for 2, 3, or 4 subs. Then I take a large enough drill bit to start off the hole and then use a jigsaw to cut the circles. Just remember that a smaller cut is better than a bigger cut since you can shave a little here and there.