Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alarm install with factory OEM immobilizer unit?? help!!

Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 PM
bluersx510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm install with factory OEM immobilizer unit?? help!!

I bought the clifford RS3.. what is usually done to bypass the OEM factory alarm? THis is for the RSX.. or can this be hooked up in conjunction?

On page 6 of the install guide, it states "vehicle anti theft immobilizers require a bypass module. the bypass module allows for easy interfacing, while still maintaining the oem security system's integrity. see directfax document 1059... "

any ideas? Thanks..
Old 06-19-2003, 03:10 AM
Kevin
Banned

i guess u have to buy the extra module to plug that into the clifford...
Old 06-19-2003, 06:40 AM
bluersx510

I thought that was only for remote start, anyone know for sure?
Old 06-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Kevin
Banned

remote start isnt the only option u can buy
Old 06-19-2003, 01:38 PM
bluersx510

i dont want to buy more options.. just trying to find out if what i have is enough just to do the install? if so, how do i deactive the oem alarm? thanks..
Old 06-25-2003, 02:49 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

you only need the immobilizer bypass to do a remote start install. if you are just using the alarm functionality (or any other option that doesn't involve starting the car) then you're fine without it.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:06 PM
oneslowrex

It actually depends on whether you mean bypassing the immobilizer system (chip in key) or the actual factory alarm. If you want the factory alarm to shut down when you disarm the clifford, you need to connect the factory alarm disarm wire (light green/black wire on the clifford) to the car's factory alarm disarm wire (white wire located at security control unit to the left of the steering column). If you want to bypass the immobilizer system during remote start (you'll still have to do the fact. alarm disarm for this as well, otherwise the alarm will go off when you start the car) then you need to get a 555u bypass unit and have a extra key to place inside this unit. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:29 PM
bluersx510

Originally posted by oneslowrex
It actually depends on whether you mean bypassing the immobilizer system (chip in key) or the actual factory alarm. If you want the factory alarm to shut down when you disarm the clifford, you need to connect the factory alarm disarm wire (light green/black wire on the clifford) to the car's factory alarm disarm wire (white wire located at security control unit to the left of the steering column). If you want to bypass the immobilizer system during remote start (you'll still have to do the fact. alarm disarm for this as well, otherwise the alarm will go off when you start the car) then you need to get a 555u bypass unit and have a extra key to place inside this unit. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the clarification on this.. if I connect the lighte green/black to the factory disarm wire.. then is there also another wire that will 'arm' the factory when I arm the clifford as well?

I don't plan on doing the remote start at all.. so that's not even a concern. Thank you..
Old 06-27-2003, 07:18 PM
oneslowrex

Yeah, there is a wire for factory alarm arm as well. It's White/Red. Same location as the disarm wire. If you want, I can e-mail you the entire tech sheet for this car, labels all the wires and tells you generally where they are.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:43 AM
bluersx510

Originally posted by oneslowrex
Yeah, there is a wire for factory alarm arm as well. It's White/Red. Same location as the disarm wire. If you want, I can e-mail you the entire tech sheet for this car, labels all the wires and tells you generally where they are.
Yes, I would very much appreciate that.. my email is ylounge510@yahoo.com

I plan on hiding the brain somewhere.. actually on this topic.. perhaps you can offer some insight since you are so knowledgable.

If I hide the brain, but the theif is able to locate where the OEM alarm wires are, can't they use that to trace where the brain is? Do they even need to trace the location of the brain?

Here is what I imagine would happen.. the thief breaks open the car, alarm starts going off.. they look under the steering wheel column where the brain usually is.. theyu don't see it.. but they see the wires from the OEM alarm which lead 'somewhere'.. then they cut all those.. question -> Does the alarm still continue to sound even if the 'brain' is cut off?

Next I imagine the thief will pop up the hood of the car.. is there any way to 'lock' the hood to prevent the thief from doing this? Then I'm assuming he will cut connection to the battery to stop the siren.. I have a backup siren that should at this point go off.. where should I mount this backup?

Again, thanks for any insight!! =)