Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

XboX in 6th Gen Accord Coupe

Old 06-14-2003, 12:24 PM
tnrplaya
98 A Chord Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XboX in 6th Gen Accord Coupe

Has anyone installed a Xbox in a 6th gen coupe? If you have pics of a custom install (taking apart the xbox and seperating it throughout the car) that'd be awesome. I was hoping to mount the DVD drive under my HU, put controller ports on the front of the center console, and put everything else in the trunk with a fan or two blowing on it to keep the MB and HDD cool. Any guesses as to how long this might take and/or cost to have done? I am using a Sony AVX7W in dash LCD with the input module under the passenger seat. I want to have the inverter installed in the glove box. My ultimate goal is STEALTH. Has anyone done a similar install? PICS would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 06-14-2003, 04:42 PM
crxb16er

xbox's belong in ur house hooked up to the tv not in ur car, if u really want to hook one up check with a local stereo installer, their specialty is hiding wires and making things less noticable.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Nittanys1

I have a similar set up. I have the same screen you are using, my power inverter is under my pass seat (it has two plugs) I have my PS@ in the glove box. My box for the connections to the screen is in the little cubby thats infront of the shifter with it is my neon music controller. I have a Mini Disk Head unit under my screen and a 10 disk CD/DVD changer under my seat For shows I like to bring out my laptop I can play MP# off of it and watch DVDs if i so wish to

Here are some pics:

Old 06-15-2003, 07:35 AM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Default Re: XboX in 6th Gen Accord Coupe

Originally posted by tnrplaya
I was hoping to mount the DVD drive under my HU, put controller ports on the front of the center console, and put everything else in the trunk with a fan or two blowing on it to keep the MB and HDD cool.
there is a technological impossibility to ur goal. The ide cables that connect the xbox dvd drive to the MB of the xbox have a length limit(this is due to the IDE interface)...max is 32 inches. Its ALOT longer than 32 inches from ur dash to ur trunk, SORRY! U'll have to have the original xbox package.

Dave
Old 06-15-2003, 01:36 PM
tnrplaya
98 A Chord Coupe

dave,
is the cable length limited due to the interface...ie, a custom made cable will not work? or is it just that the cables are generally sold in less than 32'' lengths? thanks for the info!
~tnr
Old 06-15-2003, 03:13 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Originally posted by tnrplaya
dave,
is the cable length limited due to the interface...ie, a custom made cable will not work? or is it just that the cables are generally sold in less than 32'' lengths? thanks for the info!
~tnr
as far as i know, the cable length is limited to the interface on two levels. First, speed is an issue, the shorter the distance, the more data can be sent and received. Second, interferance from all things in your car will cause constant read errors i'm sure. To route an IDE cable safely from under your HU to the trunk will require AT LEAST 20 or so feet. If u can afford to get a custom ide cable made(longest i've seen is 32 inches)to that spec to just TEST it, i'll give u a pat on the back. Just not worth it to me.

One more topic. Our dvd-rom drives and cd-rw drives and any other storage accessory we add to our pc's i belive is 5 volt DC connector. This means that your car battery(12 volt)will be too much, SO...you'll have to custom route a power cable from the xbox power supply to the front as well. I dont think there are length limitations on power cables, just one more hassle.

This said, i would personally find SOME way to mount the hd and mb in the front somewhere. Other than that, ur good :-)

Have FUN!

Dave