Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Is custom trunk possible with a spare?

Old 05-14-2003, 06:44 AM
cooliojones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is custom trunk possible with a spare?

I was thinking about doing a custom/show trunk setup and I wanted to know if it was possible to do one w/ the spare tire still in the well? More specifically, with the subs firing up from the well, maybe having it flush with the floor? I never rode around w/ out a spare, and I have AAA so it's not a problem now but I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to do this.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:36 AM
rcurley55

I've done it in a BMW, but I think with enough planning you can get it in there with maybe two 10's.

Here's my thought though....if you want a show trunk, you probably have a show car, meaning you will have gone at least one plus size on your wheels....so what good is the spare anyway?

Just some food for thought...
Old 05-14-2003, 10:26 AM
aero3685

Yeah, I dont carry a spare anymore...I dont have a jack either. I put the front on spares because I was doing some work, and the front was sitting on the tow hooks in front...so unless I wanted to raise the coils up enough when i got a flat...it wouldnt help me.

If you have rims... you could do somthing as far as building that in aswell so you can see it. Just look around for someone who has wrecked or something to get one for cheap. I saw a few nice setups like that. Im sure I will do that when I find an extra wheel.