Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

anyone know how to do this?

Old 04-30-2003, 06:19 PM
long

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know how to do this?

i want to have my face for my deck in a different area then the deck itself. I have seen some people do this and im wondering how i can accomplish this.

i know its a simple connection but what would i use to make the connection and how would i do it?

i have seen some people with the face of the deck in the rear view mirror or just like the new civic si alpine has where the faces are in the door panels.

anyone have an idea? thanks
Old 04-30-2003, 06:57 PM
jhines1

You can do it with a serial cable but you are getting into a big job. The ideal way to do it is to have two head units so you can use the connectors from the body and face of one. Of course this is assuming we are talking about a detachable face radio. But all you have to do is lengthen the connection of the faceplate to the body. Just solder the wire from the serial cable to thematching conncter and you are done. If you can't afford another radio for parts(which, if so, shouldn't really be attempting this anyway), You have to create a way to connect each wire to the connection without dripping solder and creating a bridge between two connections which would in turn cause you to have to buy another radio anyway.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:54 PM
LjN_728

Yea he could do that but yea it's time consuming and i'm guessing u don't wanna spend that much time. But if u have that much time on ur hands, go for it! Soldering the serial cable to the faceplate and the actual HU is tough. The connections are so close together that the chances of u solder two of them together are high. If i were u, i'd find the same faceplate, break it apart and use the connection port as a harness. U might even find the right fit if u use the same brand but not the same model. g'luck