Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How to get rid of vibration sounds?

Old 04-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Y2A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get rid of vibration sounds?

I turn my stock stereo on my 6th gen accord up alot, but everytime when bass hits, theres always some kinda vibration sound from the front door panels. It sounds like the speakers are beginning to blow but when I put my left arm on the armrest on the door, the sound is gone, if I dont make body contact with the door panel, ill hear the vibration sound again. I cant exactly reach to the passenger side and hold the armrest there while im driving .

So whats the problem? How do I get rid of the vibration sound without me keeping my arm on the armrest and lowering my volume? Will the Dynamats work?
Old 04-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Randy12vp

Start by making sure all screws are tight that hold the door in place. Especially if there are ones around the armrest area of the door panel. No dynamat. Dynamat will really only help if you have metal surfaces that are resonating.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:36 PM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Try carpet padding.. you know the ones that are put under household carpeting...that layer between the door panel and skin will probably solve this. I know I know weird..
Old 04-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Randy12vp

Good idea moofoo.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:04 PM
ToadSi

I work at Circuit City and i used Tsunami sound silencer all throughout my Si. It's a bit pricy but work great.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:40 AM
Randy12vp

Y2A has a problem with the door panel itself resonating...not the actual metal on the door. So, I don't think ant kind of sound deadening material would aid him in his quest to eliminate his problem.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:23 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

I just went to Home Depot and went to their carpeting section.. to add some padding to my friend's door panels.. and if you're lucky these guys may have tons of scraps big enough to easily fit a huge panel..

so I walked out *giggling* with free padding..but of course I felt a little guilty walking out not buying anytihing... so I picked up some chewing gum LOL