Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Turning down the shock sensitivity on the alarm

Old 03-31-2003, 12:44 PM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning down the shock sensitivity on the alarm

I have an old cj hawk alarm made by DEI on my accord. It serves its purpose pretty well accept for the damn shock sensor, by that i mean its so sensitive its not even funny. Tap a tire with your shoe, it will go off, drop a tennis ball from like 5 inches high onto the hood, it goes off, it even goes off from freakin thunder vibrations!!! Is there anyway for me to adjust this? It might be on the alarm brain but im not sure where to look for that....
Old 03-31-2003, 05:25 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Shock sensors are usually stuck to some body part close to the brain, so if the main box is under the drivers side of the dash, I'd look at either the fire wall inside the car (perhaps up where the pedals pivots are) or somewhere above the foot well. The sensor has to be stuck to a part of the body to effectively sense shock. It should be a little black box with a little potentiometer on it. You can turn that to increase or decrease the sensativity.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:32 PM
LjN_728

By george he got it! yea it's a small box, like a 1 1/2" x 1". It's located not too far from the brain of the alarm, which is located on the driverside lower dash. Look around where the hood release is. You may have to remove the panel, depending on how well the installer hid that thing. Find it and tune it down