Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Simple Solution For Iphone In Acura 2005 TL

Old 04-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Mallenbach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Solution For Iphone In Acura 2005 TL

Sorry if this has been asked about before, but I am looking for a simple solution for playing my Iphone through the speakers.

I have called a few stereo installation places which are quoting me $300-$350 for the Ipod kit. They say this is integration with the dash, charging etc. but thats more than I need and I am hoping a cheaper (less advanced) solution is out there.

Let me be clear, I do NOT need anything fancy. The key to this is simple and cheap. If I just had an AUX cord that could play it through the headphones (as I have had on other rental cars) that would be fine. I don't need steering wheel control or the Iphone to talk to the display or anything like that. I just want the darn thing to play through the speakers and I am happy to use the actual Iphone for navigation.

FM transmitters are out. I have an FM transmitter, but live in an urban area so sound quality is terrible. Also, I have trouble finding a consistent station to even hold the terrible quality.

Any suggestions? I would be willing to do super novice self installation, but I am no gear head.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an old headunit that has an input for the ipod. it costs much less than $350. I dont know if you want to go through the hassle of doing that. But it is something to consider.