Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How easy is it to hook up an lcd and monitor?

Old 03-11-2003, 06:48 PM
02AccordCoupe
Wooo Whooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How easy is it to hook up an lcd and monitor?

Hi, I'm looking into getting an lcd and dvd, and was wondering how hard it is to install. I installed my deck myself, so i have some knowledge on car audio, but what would be required with this? Thanks

Nick
Old 03-11-2003, 09:36 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

well it all depends on the deck that you have, what kind of inputs/outputs are on the dvd and lcd.

do you already have a location picked out for the lcd & dvd, and how will they be secured? if your deck has an aux input, then you can run the audio from the dvd into the deck, and run the video into the lcd (depending on the lcd)

post some more info so we can help you further.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:47 PM
02AccordCoupe
Wooo Whooooo

I have a pioneer 7400 mp, its going to be right under my deck in an open compartment i have. The DVD player it doesnt matter where it is. How would i go about connecting the power.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:42 AM
KVZ_Productions

Ok, You Have Your Screen, You Have A Bunch Of Options As What To Do Next:

First Sound Prosessing, Your Head Unit Should Have An Auxilary Input To Plug The Audio Into To Process The Audio. If It Doesnt You Will Need To Upgrade Your Headunit Or Purchase A FM Modulator (About 20-30 Dollars)

Second Video Sources, Depending On What Type Of Media Player Your Gonna Purchase/Use (PS2, XBOX, Mobile Vcr/DVD, Home Vcr/DVD) Is The Type Of Power Your Gonna Need. If You Use Anything That Takes Conventional Home AC 115 Volt Current Your Going To Need A Power Inverter As Others Have Stated. Only Down Fall Is PS2/XBOX Is Hard To Play While Driving, And Home DVD/VCRs Can Be Bulky Trying To Squeeze Into A Honda Or Acura Vehicle. I Suggest Running A DVD Player Made For Car Installations. You Can Find A Decent One On Ebay (100-200 Dollars). This Will Allow You To Run Directly Off The Cars Power Without The Extra Inverter And Also Will Be Smaller. Plus Most Of The Mobile Car DVD Players Support DVD/CD Audio/MP3 CD/VCD/SVCD Formats. With These Options And A Home CD Burner You Could Download Music Videos Off The Web And Burn A VCD/SVCD (VIDEO CD/SUPER VIDEO CD) And Play The Music Videos On Your Screen With The Audio Through Your System.

Visit www.dvdrhelp.com For More On VCD/SVCD
Or
Visit www.krazyvideoz.com For More On SVCD Music Videos

-Good Luck

-KRAZYMATT