Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

need help with '98 tegra factory alarm

Old 02-23-2003, 08:26 PM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with '98 tegra factory alarm

i just got a '98 integra GSR as a theft recovery. i discovered that it has an alarm installed. so i got a remote for it off of ebay. now my problem is that as of now the brain for the alarm is unplugged, if i plug it in it goes off by default. If i push the override switch and turn the key and all that it has no effect. if i keep all the doors closed and plug it in it will go off for one cycle and stop, but then if i even look at ignition switch it goes off again. i know the actual overirde switch is working (i tested it with a multimeter) and wiring looks intact. as far as i can see there is nothing disconnected/cut. this car was broken into and gutted so it possible something somewhere was cut. but it seems that it was a pretty clean break in, they cut the wire to the horn, broke the window and unplugged the brain and they left the dash pretty much intact, didn't even take the stereo. any ideas on how to get this thing to where i can program the remote?