Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Possessed Alarm!!!

Old 02-23-2003, 04:34 PM
LudeRage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possessed Alarm!!!

Alright guys. The car alarm on my 90 GS is (I'm pretty sure) the factory Acura car alarm. It has a little switch under the steering wheel that you can flip on/off and has a red light. All it does is prevent the engine from being started when it is activated yet this doesn't really work because the alarm has a mind of its own. It goes off randomly when I open the car doors, trunk, or let the hood drop close. It is a HUGE pain in the ass!!!

Sooo, I am wondering how I can go about uninstalling it safely. I would just go cutting wires but like my friend said if I go cutting ****, (because it can prevent the engine from starting) I might mess something up and not be able to start my car. I can see the little horn in the back of the engine bay next side a little box that says like "Audiovox Security" or something.

Does anyone know some steps I could take to uninstalling my fugged up alarm??? I'm getting really annoyed but don't just wanna go cutting wires...