Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Prelude VTEC's 7th speaker not working...

Old 02-22-2003, 10:58 AM
vtecp1noy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude VTEC's 7th speaker not working...

Hey, I've actually had this problem for awhile now but never asked about it. Well I have a 96 Prelude VTEC that has the factory 6x9 speaker between the rear seats that acts as a mini-sub I guess. I put in a new head unit I bought from Circuit City with a harness I bought there too. It's a Sony CDX-CA650X (yeah, not too great) and during radio playback most of the bass comes from the 6x9, but during CD playback it seems like the 6x9 is disabled and all of the bass comes from the two rear 6.5 speakers. There's a noticable difference and I've tried reconnecting the harness and looking thru the menu for some option that might disable the 6x9. Anyways, I'm lost because if the speaker works during radio playback, it's got to be connected correctly right? Any help would be appreciated...
Old 02-22-2003, 08:17 PM
vtecp1noy

Anyone please?
Old 02-23-2003, 12:36 PM
pSiRacer92
Banned

Default Re: Prelude VTEC's 7th speaker not working...

Originally posted by vtecp1noy
Hey, I've actually had this problem for awhile now but never asked about it. Well I have a 96 Prelude VTEC that has the factory 6x9 speaker between the rear seats that acts as a mini-sub I guess. I put in a new head unit I bought from Circuit City with a harness I bought there too. It's a Sony CDX-CA650X (yeah, not too great) and during radio playback most of the bass comes from the 6x9, but during CD playback it seems like the 6x9 is disabled and all of the bass comes from the two rear 6.5 speakers. There's a noticable difference and I've tried reconnecting the harness and looking thru the menu for some option that might disable the 6x9. Anyways, I'm lost because if the speaker works during radio playback, it's got to be connected correctly right? Any help would be appreciated...
Put your ear up to it and see if you can hear any noise at all. You tend to get a lot more bass during radio playback than CD playback. Also if you go into your sound menu, there are two different settings. One setting will be available when your radio is playing and one setting is when your CD player is playing. So put in a CD and adjust your bass accordingly.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:38 PM
vtecp1noy

Nope I can't hear ANY noise at all, and I did play around with the settings in both radio and CD playback but still no bass coming out of the speaker. Thanks though, anything else I could try? Maybe it might be the deck itself?
Old 02-24-2003, 03:01 PM
vtecp1noy

Bumping...anyone please?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:18 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

did you buy the new harnesses from circuit city that need no stripping & crimping? just 100% plug and play.

ive hear of sooo many problems with those plug and play harnesses about not working 100% and they will short one of the wires, alot of times a speaker wire, remote, or pwr antenna.

try a different harness?