Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring went wrong? fu*ked amp? blown speaker?

Old 02-15-2003, 04:47 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wiring went wrong? fu*ked amp? blown speaker?

my front right component set only plays through the tweeter. the woofer doesnt do anything. when i move all the sound to jsut the right, the back 6x9 doesnt play, but when all the sound is in the middle, the back right 6x9 has sound coming from it.

so do you think the wiring is just messed up somehow? or the amp is gone or.. i dunno, any other ideas?

hey, at least hte left side is alright
Old 02-15-2003, 07:39 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa. Slow down, and start from scratch. Before you do ANYTHING, turn all the gains down to zero. Follow all the outputs to the correct speaker (FL, FR, RL, RR), and make sure you follow pollarity (very, very important). Make sure you have set your amp to play 4 channel stereo, and not 2 channel with a bridged third or something crazy like that. Then when you are sure all the wiring is good, turn the head unit up to about 1/4. Then slowly bring the gains on the amp up one channel at a time. When you come to a channel that has no audio, troubleshoot that channel the entire way..... from the headunit output to the amp input, then from the amp output to the speaker. Each channel should be done individually, and I'm sure you'll find your problem. If not, you may want to have a professional do it.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:10 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah check all connections... wires DO come loose.