Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

radi turns off after 20 seconds

Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
rockrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radi turns off after 20 seconds

Could use some help....94 Acura Integra (267,000 miles)
Stopped to get gas after driving for two hours. When I got back in, the radio was still turned on, but no power. I had been using cassette adapter for ipod. I finally got the radio to turn on by hitting the AM/eject button twice. Sometimes I can get it to power up by punching the FM1/FM2 button 2-3 times.

The radio will stay on for 20 seconds and go dead. I have to click the power knob to off and then back on and repeat the punching of the AM or FM buttons until it comes on. Again, will stay on for 20 seconds.

I can never make the cassette player take a tape. Cassette will not go back in (player won't accept it).

Cigarette lighter works, which is on the same fuse as radio. Swapped out fuses and no difference. Unplugged car battery as last effort, and "code" came up immediately. I punched in 5-digit security code; radio did not come on, but code was accepted because I could hit AM button 2x and get radio on for a few seconds.

That's my story. Any takers? Please? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
b00gers

Sounds like an old radio. It could very well just need to be replaced.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

i agree