Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring crossover with amp?

Old 01-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Young Ha
HoLLa at me, H-Q-D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring crossover with amp?

Alright I need someone to answer this question for me. How would I go about hooking up a crossover for componets along with an amp? Would I be able to use ONE battery cable,ground and remote wire? Please let me know. I know how to wire and subwoofer system and amp but I've never delt with the componet systems. Since My next question is related i'll ask. How easy is it to hook up a componet system in a 1996 civic sedan door panels? Thanks in advance Ha Q. Dang
Old 01-20-2003, 08:55 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Usually the crossover has 2 terminals for the input... Positive and Negative... that comes from the amp. Then there are (usually) 4 more terminals... 2 for the woofer and 2 for the tweeter. Both are a positive and negative for each. That's usually it. Sometimes I've seen the crossover have a ground terminal... simply just run a ground wire to that.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:50 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the crossovers that come with components have nothing to do with the power, ground and remote turn on going to the amp. They are wired after the amp, like he said.