Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Question about 12v constant wire for Honda Prelude 94

Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Jennica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 12v constant wire for Honda Prelude 94

I was installing my new stereo first taking out the last after market stereo. The last one was wired wrong so that the stereo restarted everytime I turned off the car. In otherwords. I'd have to start my CD over from the beginning, and settings for sound and such would go back to default. I'm assuming it's because whoever installed the stereo hooked the wire that is supposed to be hooked to the blue/white 12v constant to the yellow/red 12v accessory wire instead. The problem I have now is, I can't locate the blue/white wire anywhere except paired with an additional brown/white wire(there is another brown/white wire where is should be with all the other wires needed to hook up the stereo) with a male end connector thingy. This pair of wires was not pluged into anything. Do you think that blue/white wire pared with that brown/white one is the 12v constant or something else?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Tedmond

can you post a pic of it? i can give you a wire diagram and an alternative to wiring it up.

Battery BLUE/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory YELLOW/RED (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination RED/BLACK (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) BLUE/GREEN
LF Speaker (-) GRAY/BLACK
RF Speaker (+) RED/GREEN
RF Speaker (-) BROWN/BLACK
LR Speaker (+) BLUE/YELLOW
LR Speaker (-) GRAY/WHITE
RR Speaker (+) RED/YELLOW
RR Speaker (-) BROWN/WHITE
Amp Location IF BOSE AT EACH SPK
Steering Cntrls NO
Speed Cntrl NO
Radio Security YES

if you want, this is how i would do it. Purchase a female connector designed for your car, connect all speaker connections, antenna, dimmer if required. LEAVE out the POWER and GROUND (BLACK, RED, YELLOW) this is a harder to do method, but it will work. you need to purchase some 12 or 16 gauge wire (or wire equivalent size to the power wires) extend the wires all the way down to the fuse box OR steering collumn-wires will be same colour at both places. i will show you how to do it at the steering collumn. Connect black to ground or body, Yellow from the new deck to WHITE @ igniton harness (thick wire) and RED from deck to YELLOW @ ignition harness (thick as well)

Look at the ignition
Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM
samabhi12

Originally Posted by Tedmond
can you post a pic of it? i can give you a wire diagram and an alternative to wiring it up.

Battery BLUE/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory YELLOW/RED (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination RED/BLACK (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) BLUE/GREEN
LF Speaker (-) GRAY/BLACK
RF Speaker (+) RED/GREEN
RF Speaker (-) BROWN/BLACK
LR Speaker (+) BLUE/YELLOW
LR Speaker (-) GRAY/WHITE
RR Speaker (+) RED/YELLOW
RR Speaker (-) BROWN/WHITE
Amp Location IF BOSE AT EACH SPK
Steering Cntrls NO
Speed Cntrl NO
Radio Security YES

if you want, this is how i would do it. Purchase a female connector designed for your car, connect all speaker connections, antenna, dimmer if required. LEAVE out the POWER and GROUND (BLACK, RED, YELLOW) this is a harder to do method, but it will work. you need to purchase some 12 or 16 gauge wire (or wire equivalent size to the power wires) extend the wires all the way down to the fuse box OR steering collumn-wires will be same colour at both places. i will show you how to do it at the steering collumn. Connect black to ground or body, Yellow from the new deck to WHITE @ igniton harness (thick wire) and RED from deck to YELLOW @ ignition harness (thick as well)

Look at the ignition
Pls post some pics related to this, I will understand more easily.