Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Head unit installation Ques. for integra gsr 01

Old 01-16-2003, 06:22 PM
v-teg01
Candy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head unit installation Ques. for integra gsr 01

Sup,

I have a 2001 integra gsr and i want to put in a sony xplode head unit. the lil problem is that i want to take out the orginal unit carefully. Does anyone know the best way to take the GSR's out? also i'm looking at the sony head unit right now and there is a connection in the back with a whole lot of wires sticking out. I think i have to fit the wires in to a universal connection peice then it would be able to fit the acura's set up,right :dunno:?

If anyone understands what i'm saying please help!
thanks
Old 01-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

save yourself the hassle and pay a shop to do it. If you're not good at this kind of stuff, you'll end up breaking something. It could be a clip or it could be an entire panel. Pay the money bro...
Old 01-20-2003, 02:05 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Default Re: Head unit installation Ques. for integra gsr 01

Originally posted by v-teg01
Sup,

I have a 2001 integra gsr and i want to put in a sony xplode head unit. the lil problem is that i want to take out the orginal unit carefully. Does anyone know the best way to take the GSR's out? also i'm looking at the sony head unit right now and there is a connection in the back with a whole lot of wires sticking out. I think i have to fit the wires in to a universal connection peice then it would be able to fit the acura's set up,right :dunno:?

If anyone understands what i'm saying please help!
thanks
Yes, you'll need an aftermarket harness that will plug into the stock plug. The harness will have bare wires that you will need to connect to the wires from the Sony deck. I'd suggest that you unclip the Sony wire plug and do all the connection prior to getting into your car. It's easier that way.

as for taking the stock deck out, it's pretty easy. The hardest part is the bolt that attaches the stock deck to the back. Once that it removd, the stock deck comes out easily.

Check out www.installdr.com for detailed instructions on how to remove the deck....:thumbup: