Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Amps

Old 12-29-2002, 10:00 PM
Phat8186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amps

I want to get a new amp. I was looking into Profile's 600sx or 800sx do any of you guys know if those are good amps. If you check the specs the two serious is what kinda watt range i am looking for. On top of that they arent tha pricey, they are under 200 dollars. Or maybe you guys can give me some recomendations on what amps to gethttp://www.mmxpress.com/profile/cali...amps.htm#spec2
Old 12-30-2002, 05:25 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Profiles have never "put out" like they say they do. I've had some friends that got them to replace older amps. One guy replaced an MTX 350watt with a Profile 500watt and the MTX hit harder and louder.

We didn't think that was right, we took it to a local auto/audio shop and asked them if he could test the output. Benched the MTX at 352watts and the Profile at 360watts. It's more, but not nearly what was advertised.

Personally, I have Infinity amps for both my subs. They are rated at 400watts, same shop as before did the same bench test for me and said they are doing about 410watts.

I always try to stay away from no name brands... like Profile. Who really makes them? I don't know. If it's actually a company named Profile, I've never heard of em.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

Recommendation? Continue looking....
Old 12-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by clickwir
Profiles have never "put out" like they say they do. I've had some friends that got them to replace older amps. One guy replaced an MTX 350watt with a Profile 500watt and the MTX hit harder and louder.

We didn't think that was right, we took it to a local auto/audio shop and asked them if he could test the output. Benched the MTX at 352watts and the Profile at 360watts. It's more, but not nearly what was advertised.

Personally, I have Infinity amps for both my subs. They are rated at 400watts, same shop as before did the same bench test for me and said they are doing about 410watts.

I always try to stay away from no name brands... like Profile. Who really makes them? I don't know. If it's actually a company named Profile, I've never heard of em.
unfortunately infinity don't make amps anymore last i heard. but they were damn good when they did.