Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Soundstream Reference 414S

Old 12-26-2002, 08:18 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundstream Reference 414S

Question is if yo think this would be a good idea:
I have some Kenwood dualmags up front, with those, I can power the mid and the tweet separately. should I wire the tweets in parallel,to one channel of the amp, the mids parallel to the other channel? I want to get the best midbass response I can out of them this is why I was asking cause I could just run the mids low pass, but would wiring them parallel affect the sound quality much?
Old 12-26-2002, 10:31 PM
rcurley55

that would sound aweful...your entire stage would collapse and you would have mono sound.

That amp is more then capable of giving those speakers enough power.

If you really want power, buy that matching Ref500 that I have around...then you will have midbass
Old 12-27-2002, 06:19 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by rcurley55
that would sound aweful...your entire stage would collapse and you would have mono sound.

If you really want power, buy that matching Ref500 that I have around...then you will have midbass
being that the dualmags have a capacitor wired to them(high pass for the tweet) are you saying that I should just set the amp to full range and wire the speakers in stereo? Should I do the same for the 6x9's?
Old 12-29-2002, 01:23 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Well, after installing the xr-600's in my front doors, I wired all of my speakers in stereo, the nice thing about my amp is if I want to bridge them, just flip a switch so after hooking everything up, I played w/the switches, there are 2 per channel. One for high pass/low pass and full range, and one for stereo/bridged/mixed mono. I did the fronts first, they sounded best in stereo, high pass. Same for the 6x9's. Then I played w/the variable crossovers to get the sound I wanted, sounds very crisp and clean, I am finally happy w/my system, the icing on the cake will be getting my damn eq/line driver to work, it's already installed, I just need to play w/the wiring and a relay to get that bish to power up then I'll be like this---->:yay:
Old 12-29-2002, 01:24 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by rcurley55

just curious, how much would you let me have the ref500 for? Is it the blue one?