Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Head Unit probs...Please Help

Old 12-25-2002, 09:42 AM
BrainFearGone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit probs...Please Help

alright....i have a 93 civic Si...i am tryin to install a pioneer DEH-1400.....having problems tho...i finally got power to the unit but now i go to hook the speaker wires up and it will stay on for a sec then it will short out...the power to the unit is still constant but the speaker shorts out...even when secured and taped up...does anyone have any ideas?....or can u tell me a site that shows all color matching process...thanks
Old 12-25-2002, 08:16 PM
LjN_728

Well the color matching process is really nothing. When u bought the wiring harness, the wiring color and it's purpose is on the back of the bag. To connect the wires together, just color coordinate. ie - black with black, white with white and so on...

When you say the spkrs just short out, do you mean the fuse keeps on blowing as well? If not, i'd check whether or not you're connect the HU to the correct constant power wire, which is the solid yellow wire. Next time u try it, look at the screen of the HU. This is just a wild guess but it could be causing an overload in the HU, which causes it to shutdown.

Are u running an amp to the spkrs? you said the unit is still on but the spkrs aren't working right? hmm...if no amp then i would say u just hook the front spkrs up to the HU and not the rear spkrs. Just try it and see if they work. Good luck!
Old 12-28-2002, 12:43 AM
b00gers

what do you mean hooking up the speaker wires? are you running new wires, or using the stock ones?

be sure you are accidently grounding something out.

www.installdr.com