Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

how hard is it to install tv

Old 12-20-2002, 09:18 AM
TriniSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard is it to install tv

How hard is it to install tvs in a 97 acura integra head rest. These are the ones that have holes in the middle. Has anyone done this?
Old 12-20-2002, 11:49 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

a lot of monitors can be purchased with a shroud for head rest mounting... its really a matter of being careful, and not cutting the fabric/leather and foam too much. With the holes, you need some sort of back plate that is finished, in vinyl or the same fabric/leather as the headrest, on one side. Secure the back plate inside the headrest... and then secure the monitor to the plate.

If you're really serious about it, and you're not up to the task... I can install them for you, for about $150 including materials for the job... you'd just have to send me your headrests and monitors.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:52 AM
The Dude
Banned

the trick is to cut to little at first, then try putting it in, and when it doesnt fit cut a little more. You can always cut more off, but you can't always put more in
Old 12-21-2002, 08:08 AM
z24hedturnr
U want that Woo WOO

I installed TVs in my car . ..3 of them. Not too hard if you know electronics and stuff
Old 12-22-2002, 01:52 AM
TriniSpeed

Where did you put the 3rd one? I was looking at a 5inch monitor for the headrest? Is that big enough? Or do you think you can fit a 5.6 in there?
Old 12-22-2002, 01:30 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

www.parts-express.com has a 5.6" monitor in a headrest shroud for like $140! They are nice monitors too, only thing is that you have to adjust the brightness and color before you totally install it.

It will fit in your headrests just fine.

People usually put a 3rd monitor in the dash... either in place of the deck, if you have another place to mount the deck, or you can use something like an Alpine CVA-1003, a flip out monitor.