Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

best bump for my buck?

Old 11-27-2002, 06:10 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default best bump for my buck?

well im gonna be getting a fairly large pay check in a week or two, right now, i have no bass.. all highs. im gonna need an amp and two 12's. what are you guys running? what do you think i should get? ive heard a lot about image dynamics..

i want to spend under 500 for amp and subs, im planning on building my own box, so that wont matter. are audiobahn subs good?

i really have no idea.. make suggestions on amps and subs.. thanks
Old 11-27-2002, 06:26 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 12's and an amp for under $500 huh? Let's see. Audiobahn is good, Image Dynamics is better for SQ though. If you want earthshaking bass, go w/audiobahn. I think $500 is cutting it close though.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:39 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

im thinkin about this combo.. so far, only one sub, then get a second amp and sub later on..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1940900263

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=802717006

125 for the sub.. 255 for the amp. i figure its perfect, 1100 watts rms and a 1200 watt sub.

i plan on getting the same amp and another sub later on, when i get another chunk of money. but for now, i htink that will work out
Old 11-27-2002, 10:23 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

The amp is good (because I have one, too), but I swear some ebay sellers rape people on shipping... $26 (incl. insurance) is a joke..... But they have to make more profit with the BS shipping costs. :thumbdown:

As for the sub, I personally do not like Audiobahn at all. The most common place to find them besides the net are at pawn shops and those big convention center style sales... :doh:
Old 11-27-2002, 11:00 AM
richardc

i personally like MTX for when you get some cash to get high end equipment...right now ive got infinity speakers w/ MTX Thunder amps, and im adding subs soon, and i'll be going w/ MTX then...

for some good bass at a lower price, i would go with rockford fosgate...very good quality, but certainly not the best you can get...it will be better than going audiobahn...

kenwood also has some nice subs in their tornado collection, so you may want to check those out as well...
Old 11-27-2002, 11:22 AM
nando11211

I would definitely go with the MTX amps. Their wattage rating is very underrated. They actually push out more than what the specs say. I have an MTX Thunder and never have had a problem with it. And they come with a 5 year warranty. :thumbup:

As far as the subs go, my amp is pushing two 10" Kenwood Thunder subs, and they are good. Good enough bass and loud enough and deep enough comparable to other 10's in the price range, so I also give it a :thumbup:
Old 11-27-2002, 12:39 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

why dont you like audiobahn? bad quality? bad bass? i heard they are pretty loud from a number of people, doesnt mean they are good, just they work.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:58 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Originally posted by SiClone
As for the sub, I personally do not like Audiobahn at all. The most common place to find them besides the net are at pawn shops and those big convention center style sales... :doh:
That and the fact that I've heard many horror stories about these subs going bad very soon.... But its just my opinion and you can still do what you want....

As for the last 2 posts, seems like these guys are strictly Circuit City shoppers....

But seriosly though, what kind of bass do you want???? Why not consider 1 15" if you just want loud, deep, and thunderous bass??? A Kicker S15L7 or even an L5 in a ported box will definitely kick some arse!!!!:thumbup:
Old 11-27-2002, 10:52 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Kenwood subs truely suck... so do audiobahn... Audiobahn is made by an aftermarket accessory maker... ichibahn. Go with a real audio company... like Boston, Polk, Infinity, MTX is good... but a little pricey... and to get good subs, you have to buy their best... the lower models suck.

Rockford sucks... their company has gone wayyy down-hill in the last couple years... their subs can take a beating, but sound terrible.

That JBL amp is a great amp... but where the hell do you get 1100 watts from??? the amp only puts out 600 rms at 4 ohms.

Kicker is way overrated... they make a crappy product and put a huge price tag on it.

I have 2-10" bostons in my car, getting about 250 watts RMS a piece... and people mistake their sound for 2 powerful 12's with a lot more power... outside the car you'd swear I have 2 15's in there. They are sooo loud, but extremely clean and acurate at the same time.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:22 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

wanna suggest some good boston, polk or infinity subs?