Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Buying a new (original) key

Old 08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Sk8gurl06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new (original) key

I just bought a Honda Civic 1998. The only key that I was given was a copy of the original key. Is there a way that I can buy the factory key and keyless entry? Where would I go to do this?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Travis@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by Sk8gurl06
I just bought a Honda Civic 1998. The only key that I was given was a copy of the original key. Is there a way that I can buy the factory key and keyless entry? Where would I go to do this?
That would sound like something that you may have to go to the Honda dealership to check into.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

dealership and you would need the vin and proof of purchase for your vehicle
Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
MeanGreen

Originally Posted by Omie
dealership and you would need the vin and proof of purchase for your vehicle
basicly that, you need your VIN and i think your insurance on that car only, they will cut it using the VIN (they dont copy your old key) so its a perfect fit. I've even gotten a key made for free one time, but i think normally its like $20 bucks or something.

Unfortunately, the last few i've gotten, the keychain loops have broken. The keys are still good but it cant hang them on my keychain - which really sucks balls. The one i got on my keychain is some hardware store copy that works on my door and ignition, but not on my in-cabin trunk-lock or on my trunk.