Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

cd changer on honda accord

Old 08-02-2008, 06:42 PM
freeze101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd changer on honda accord

Hi everyone

I am sorry to be posting this as I am pretty sure its an old problem that has probbably been answered a thousand times ,but all the searches i have done dont really clear up my issue

I have a 1999 T reg honda accord with the bose system in it
i have alpine 630 changer and the alpine lead

So being silly and not doing any research at all i plugged the lead into the changer and then the other into the bose head unit 8pin din it was a bit tight but I got it to fit in the end now what happens is the cd changer is powered up and ejects and loads a disc but the head unit will not change to cd like it isnt recognizing the changer is connected ,This led me to finally researching this matter and I have found the post on here about swapping two wires over in the cable but in that same post it only mentions this is a cure for bad sound it doesnt mention anything about getting the head unit to switch over to cd mode ,So I thought I would ask on here first before I start and do anything ,

any help will be really appreciated

thanks

freeze

Last edited by freeze101; 08-04-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
supra88

that is correct changing the cables is only to fix the bad audio on the right channel it is out of phase

also on the back of the 1999 accord there is a 14 pin plug the cd changer
not the round 8 pin plug that was for the 1993 to 1998 Honda
Old 08-06-2008, 03:02 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

So you forced one connector into another? That doesn't seem like a smart idea.
Everywhere I'm reading says the 99 accord radio takes a 14 pin, not an 8. Next time before you mess with a car, check to make sure you have the right parts. And with most things electrical, its not a smart thing to force it in.