Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Romoving Cd player

Old 07-19-2008, 02:51 PM
TJTHEBEST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Romoving Cd player

I need help getting out my stock cd player from my 1999 honda civic so i can put in a new one that i bought.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:00 PM
supra88

remove the center console,and the astray ,
also remove the plastic under the dash an d under the center console that is under the radio

look with a flashlight and you are going to find 2 screws behind the radio lose them couple of turns and pull the radio

good luck
Old 08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
MeanGreen

If you havent already, you might want to get this special harness that allows you to run your aftermarket stereo will still havin your oem plugged in. This will allow you to retain the interior light's ability to turn on when you open your doors. Also, if you got keyless entry you will need it in order to maintain that as well.

You will have to tuck the oem unit somewhere behind your dash - which i was wondering about the other day... Can you somehow eliminate the stereo part of the OEM radio, and just keep the security part? obviously separating the two while maintaining the functionality? My under dash is way cramped. I just ordered a little cubby hole storage piece from Majestic Honda that will mount near the cupholder (where i previously had a tape player) but i was kinda concerned if it would fit with the old oem honda stereo behind there.