Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   Bose Audio System (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/340050-bose-audio-system.html)

Audiolink 06-20-2008 11:36 AM

Bose Audio System

Anyone having a problem adding after market electronics to their Bose System?
Let me know I can Help!!

corkss 06-29-2008 06:32 AM

I had a camaro once with a factory bose sound. For some reason I want to think you can't connect anything other than bose up to em, unless its a head unit... what you having trouble with?

MadScientistMat 06-29-2008 12:18 PM

I also had a Corvette with them - the best way to deal with the Bose system on a Corvette is to rip out the whole thing. It ran at a strange voltage level with mini-amps at the speakers. It is also possible to add a sort of voltage converter to put non-Bose speakers on one with a separate amp.

Not all Bose systems are that weird, though.

jason.tyrone 07-22-2008 03:39 PM

amp rca in 02 tl w/bose

m tryng to hook up a aftermarket system to my 2002 TL i have the power cable in and the remote wire in but how do i get rca to the aftermarket amp?

Tedmond 07-23-2008 06:42 AM

use a Low output converter, also known as HI-to-Low converter. it changes high level speaker outputs to Lowl lever RCA outputs. this will run you 15 - 30 dolalrs depends on where you buy.

Travis@DICE 07-25-2008 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Audiolink (Post 3947127)
Anyone having a problem adding after market electronics to their Bose System?
Let me know I can Help!!

Yes there are your basic hi to low adaptors that you can get for 15 to 20 bucks or so. There are also higher quality ones that you can get that will work alot better and also give you alot better audio sound. I would recommend looknig into some of the interfaces from Audio Control. These also give you a line driver as well. Most the time when you convert your speaker wires to RCA you get about a volt to 2 volts of signal. The Audio Control pieces you can get those and have up to 13 volts of signal and level match it to what your amp can exept.

The great thing about stronger voltage is that it will give you a cleaner audio signal into the amp so you will be able to get a cleaner sound from your speakers.

Tedmond 08-01-2008 06:38 PM

travis is right. however if you mismatch your voltage input, you will burn the amp low freq inputs. often they are rated for 4.2volts max.

Travis@DICE 08-04-2008 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tedmond (Post 3997053)
travis is right. however if you mismatch your voltage input, you will burn the amp low freq inputs. often they are rated for 4.2volts max.

I do know that most amps can take an average of about 10-12 volts of signal input. This is you average amps like Alpine, Kenwood, Rockford Fosgates, JL Audio, and amp companies like this. When you look at the owners paperwork of the amp that you are useing it will tell you what the amp can take.

Tedmond 08-09-2008 03:30 PM

yeap, most are 4v but higher end ones have large inputs voltages so check the manual and make sure before you burn something

mattheo1005 08-30-2008 08:20 AM

upgrade oem bose sound system

i have 2006 mdx acura with bose and dvd navigation system my question is how can i upgrade the cd changer that would not interfere the function of the navigation coz i wanted to play an mp3 cd but it wont play to my stereo