Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Dynamat the WHOLE CAR??

Old 11-08-2002, 05:20 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamat the WHOLE CAR??

let see, I never tried to Rip the WHOLE Car's Interior off. Is it worth it??? because That's a heck of a job, any recommendation?

or should I just do the Trunk and the Doors?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:24 PM
b00gers

doing the whole car will be very expensive. it will depend on your taste. doing the whole car will weigh the car down a lot. but you will get a much quieter cabin. and if you are doing it for the music, less roadnoise is a plus.

i also dont think its a one day thing to do the whole car. maybe a weekends worth if you are doing it yourself.

why do you want to dynamat the car?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:32 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

I just want a quite car. My girl doesn't like the Exhaust noise plus I want a good environment for the system. I think you know my setup already right?

I would like to Dynamat the whole car to improve sound's Quality, But the worse thing is that the TOP and Bottom, I have to rip them off, take off the seats and everything then I have to Silicon the whole thing again.

It's not that bad since my cousing own a Auto shop, so I can have the equipments to do it, but it's definitely not a 1 day job

So the best bet now is just for the doors and the trunk??
Old 11-08-2002, 05:39 PM
illusion

Originally posted by PoohBoi
I just want a quite car. My girl doesn't like the Exhaust noise plus I want a good environment for the system. I think you know my setup already right?

I would like to Dynamat the whole car to improve sound's Quality, But the worse thing is that the TOP and Bottom, I have to rip them off, take off the seats and everything then I have to Silicon the whole thing again.

It's not that bad since my cousing own a Auto shop, so I can have the equipments to do it, but it's definitely not a 1 day job

So the best bet now is just for the doors and the trunk??
your girl hates exhaust noise? lemme guess you have aftermarket exhaust. lol.. It would be cheaper to just put a stock exhaust back on, unless you have your exhaust to impress others lol. A fully matted car can add as much as 500lbs or more, it will quiet it down, but it will slow it down tremendously. Some of the best quieting you'll get is from pulling the seats and matting the firewall and floorboard, that's where most of the road noise comes from. Also changing your tires will help a lot too, I recently went to Yokohama AVS DBs and I have to say it was the best improvement in ride and silence ever. Very quiet, and a great ride. I also have my door panels matted, and the drivers are baffled, same with the rear deck, and my whole trunk it matted, as well and the firewall, when folks ride in my car they can't believe it's an accord, and I only added about 100lbs..
Old 11-08-2002, 05:43 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

cool, then that's how should I go with then, i wouldn't want to put 500 lbs on my car. And also, please tell me what you uses to baffled the speakers and subs?? thanks