Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

01' Acura Integra

Old 05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
authority21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01' Acura Integra

Ok so i talked my bro into not paying someone to hook up his new after market cd player in his integra because I thought it wouldn't be to much of a pain, but as were tearing down the dash we ran into a dead end. Is there any easy way of getting the stock radio out and the new one in without taking the entire dash out. Or would it be better to put it back together and let a professional do it. Wiring isn't an issue. Done more than one install but I just don't wanna rip his dash out myself and risk messing it up to bad. Can anyone point me to a manual or a good site that will show the easiest way to knock this out?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Tedmond

who said anything about ripping the dash out? its 3 screws on both sides of the radio panel. There are 2 differant steps depending on the model.

1) pull out the ash tray, there are 2 10mm bolts. unscrew those 2 and the radio will slide out easily

2) after you remove the side panels, two bolts on each side visible after you remove the side panels, removing them will allow it to slide.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
VPUPPY

Originally Posted by Tedmond
who said anything about ripping the dash out? its 3 screws on both sides of the radio panel. There are 2 differant steps depending on the model.

1) pull out the ash tray, there are 2 10mm bolts. unscrew those 2 and the radio will slide out easily

2) after you remove the side panels, two bolts on each side visible after you remove the side panels, removing them will allow it to slide.
This is incorrect. There is two 8mm bolts holding it in from behind. There are no side panel(s) to remove. You just need to access the 8mm bolts from the passenger foot well and the drivers side foot well. If you look up into the dash from behind, you will see what I am referring to.

If you don't have tools to reach those bolts, then follow these directions. It involves taking more stuff apart but it is fool proof. http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=130

Last edited by VPUPPY; 05-27-2008 at 07:41 PM.