Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

speaker install on 9 civic?

Old 11-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker install on 98 civic?

hey i was wondering how easy it was to install front 6.5's on a 98 civic? you dont have to remove the door panel right? i checked www.installdr.com but they didnt have a turorial thanks for any help
Old 11-04-2002, 09:16 PM
LjN_728

Well if the civic is anything like the accord, and i'm pretty sure, you're gonna have to remove the door panel. Yea intalldr.com doesn't have too many tips. I think they only post like removing the HU. er...again if the civic's like the accord here's how to remove the door panel. oh btw this is from the 00' accord.

ok u got 2 screws and a couple of plugs. The screws are located where the door handle is on the inside of the door. Just flip the plug aside to expose the screw. When you remove the screw, you have to bring the entire door handel out because you're going to have to unclip it and the entire handel panel should come off. Do this cuz you're gonna run into a prob when you need to remove the entire panel. The 2nd screw is located on the arm rest of the door. The one area with it's like a pit or something. Look inside it and you'll see a screw. Now you have to remove the panel of the side mirror. It's held on by plugs so you gotta be careful but use some force. Once you've done that, the rest are just plugs. They're all located on the outer part of the door panel, so just use your hands and go along the outer part. Lift the door panel up to get it lose but don't jerk it out. You need to remove the electrical connections to the power windows.

iight that should be it! WHOA! Do wut u gotta do and enjoy! :beer:
Old 11-05-2002, 08:42 AM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

You won't have to remove the door...the grills covering the front speakers should pop right off, giving you easy access to the speakers. I have a '97 and was curious about the same thing...I notice that the grill wasn't part of the door panel, and after gently tugging on it, it popped right off. Should be the same for your car.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:11 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by dlh1999
You won't have to remove the door...the grills covering the front speakers should pop right off, giving you easy access to the speakers. I have a '97 and was curious about the same thing...I notice that the grill wasn't part of the door panel, and after gently tugging on it, it popped right off. Should be the same for your car.

And i wasted all that time for nuttin!! haha oh wells...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:47 PM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

Originally posted by LjN_728
And i wasted all that time for nuttin!! haha oh wells...
Sorry I didn't post sooner...
Old 11-06-2002, 12:32 PM
LjN_728

Well if you ever wanna put in components, do wut i told u. haha
Old 11-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

Originally posted by dlh1999
Sorry I didn't post sooner...

hehe, worse thing is i already kno taht you juss pop out the grill . . . i wanted to know what wiring was needed, sorry for not bein more specific (prepares for angry backlash)