Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alpine top of the line?

Old 11-02-2002, 03:01 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine top of the line?

i have spoken to a few ppl who work at car audio stores. they claim that alpine is "rolex" while all others are just "timex." they claim alpine is the best when it comes to sound quality and they are very pricey for that reason. they also claim that their internal parts are also of highest quality. how do we know for sure? alpine always believed in simplicity and thats why they dont have too much of those flashy displays and just simple LCDs. they used be be all built in japan but now some of the lower end models are made in china. but all the high end stuff are still made in japan. anyone agree with any or all of these comments?
Old 11-02-2002, 04:34 PM
tarheelsoldier

the alpine type X series main speakers are some of the best. JL, Rockford, Xplod, Eclipse and Kenwood (to name a few) are killed by the new Alpine Type X series. go to alpine's website and look at the freakin crossover and u will under stand why.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:28 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Alpine is pretty damn good... I don't know about comparing them to a Rolex though... That's a little far fetched...

Btoom line though, they are very good!!
Old 11-02-2002, 07:32 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

just to be clear guys, i was referring to headunits.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:50 PM
b00gers

F1 series?
Old 11-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Default Re: alpine top of the line?

Originally posted by ziggyziggy
i have spoken to a few ppl who work at car audio stores. they claim that alpine is "rolex" while all others are just "timex." they claim alpine is the best when it comes to sound quality and they are very pricey for that reason. they also claim that their internal parts are also of highest quality. how do we know for sure? alpine always believed in simplicity and thats why they dont have too much of those flashy displays and just simple LCDs. they used be be all built in japan but now some of the lower end models are made in china. but all the high end stuff are still made in japan. anyone agree with any or all of these comments?
IMO alpine is the highest quality. i have a '92 model alpine h/u and it still works flawlessly. sounds just as good now as it did when i first bought it. never had a problem with it. i've never even had to run a lens cleaner.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:06 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Default Re: Re: alpine top of the line?

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\
IMO alpine is the highest quality. i have a '92 model alpine h/u and it still works flawlessly. sounds just as good now as it did when i first bought it. never had a problem with it. i've never even had to run a lens cleaner.
what model would that be?? I wanna see it!! I havent seen an alpine that old in a loooonnnnggg time!! Their older stuff had a tendency to skip easy... but they still sound superb!

The Alpine F1 deck is by far the Rolex of car audio! At a reasonable (haha) $3,000... you cant get any better! Then again, who really has the $$$ to spend that much on just a source unit.

Their other headunits are very, very good... excelent sound, reliability (as Blackmagik proves) and awesome features! Its hard to beat an Alpine deck.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:01 PM
acuradriva

Just because its an alpine doesn't mean its the best. I have a lower end alpin 7874 i think. I don't really like it. It distorts before it gets all the way up. Its kinda ugly and it only has 2V outputs. Now I want to get the model above that one. But for the price I paid for it it does have good features.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by acuradriva
Just because its an alpine doesn't mean its the best. I have a lower end alpin 7874 i think. I don't really like it. It distorts before it gets all the way up. Its kinda ugly and it only has 2V outputs. Now I want to get the model above that one. But for the price I paid for it it does have good features.
show me a h/u under $1000 that doesn't distort when you turn it all the way up. it has to do with the way they do the sound rating shiat.

sumaccordguy94: i'll post pics as soon as i get batteries for my cam.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:09 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally posted by acuradriva
Alpine has a reputation for making long lasting, great sounding equipment, meaning they built that reputaion for their name by making a quality product, and continuing to make a quality product.

Its not always the source that distorts, its the way you tune it... the speakers you use, the amps you use (if any)... I can very easily make my system distort with my $350 7893 if I turn all the crossovers off and turn the bass up, but I have it tuned right so that dosent happen.