Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Heater/AC Malfunctioning

Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 AM
bkiba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater/AC Malfunctioning

I took my 2003 CL 3.2-S into the shop for routine maintenance and to verify the engine timing, after a timing belt change, and now I am having a very interesting electrical problem.

When I picked up my car the A/C was blasting, this was nice on a hot day, after about 5 miles I decided it was too much, so I hit the off button on the AC panel. The display went off, but the fan continued blowing. The fan blows at full blast no matter what state the control panel indicates. The only thing I can control is the temperature and the path of the full on air.

I'm taking the car back in this weekend and I've removed the heater/AC relay under the hood because it was driving me crazy (this deactivated the fan, but the console still lights up). I immediately took the car back and the guy was surprised, he didn't find any error codes with the computer and anything else wrong off the top. We found that the relay I removed was receiving a signal to activate (so I took it out as I said) and he was able to generate a code on the AC display by holding the off and auto buttons. At this point a 88 flashed on and off on the screen.

I don't have a NAVI, just a normal LCD panel. He said he removed the battery connection during service to check the timing. I know he had done something because I had too put in a code in the radio after I picked up the car.

He told me he wont charge for labor (for this problem) and only parts, but I worried if I have to replace my ECU it might be big $$. Suggestions please!