Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Got my Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components, where to install?

Old 10-30-2002, 11:27 AM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components, where to install?

Where do you guys think I should install them? For now I'm thinking about putting the woofer into the stock speaker location on the door, and putting the tweeter on the sideview mirror panel. I've seen many people use kick panels mounted on the bottom, at the feet level, but I'm concerned about that location, it seem's like it's a little too low. If I decide to go with kickpanels though, where can I buy them and how much do they cost?
Old 10-30-2002, 01:26 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

What model car do you have???

As for kick panels, pre-fabbed ones made by Q forms are "so-so" from what I hear and they cost like $150-200.

Custom made ones are the way to go, but unless you know how to make them, they are real expensive...

For most of us non-competeing car audio guys, stock location is fine.:thumbup: So in the door and sail pail (plastic piece opposite the mirrors).
Old 10-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Ochdx

It's a 95 Civic DX
Old 10-31-2002, 07:48 PM
Ochdx

anyone else has any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2002, 07:48 PM
LjN_728

the only prob with putting ur tweeters on the side mirror is that you, as the passenager, won't get the full effect. You have to angle the tweeters towards the passenagers but i don't think that area has enough area to put the infinity. In other words, not enough depth. I placed my tweeters on the door panel itself, giving more mounting depth and also allowing the tweeters to face the passenagers.