Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Acura Integra Keyless Entry Questions

Old 04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
artvandolet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Integra Keyless Entry Questions

I just bought my son a 2000 Acura Integra LS. The dealer I bought this from only had 1 master key, no manual or keyless remote. I have since had Acura cut and program me another key as a backup. But now my problem...

I assumed that this model came with a factory keyless entry system. I purchased a keyless remote from ebay to work with the car and I have replaced the battery and gone through the programming instructions. However, I can't get the car to recognize the remote. So that leads me to conclude that.
1) the remote is bad
2) I am not following the (IG/On; Rem/Lock; IG/Off; IG/On; Rem/Lock, etc) instructions correctly.
3) The car doesn't have keyless entry
4) The keyless entry has stopped working

so my questions are...
1) Is there any way to tell if the car did come with keyless entry?
2) Is there a fuse or something I can check that works the keyless entry?
3) Was keyless entry an option or standard for the 2000 Integra LS model?

The power locks work fine but the drivers side door will not lock unless the door is closed - electronically or manually. You must use the key to lock the door. That's good for him because it makes it very hard to lock the keys in, but I would like to get the remote working if possible.

Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Tedmond

only the rs came with keyless if i remember. there is no real way of telling if the car came with a keyless entry kit.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 AM
CDNGonzo

the only way is to look for a Remote Keyless Entry box.. but i doubt if would still be there.. if you dont have the Remotes for it.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:40 PM
VPUPPY

Keyless was a dealer installed option and not a factory install item on your car. The option included a security system. If you don't have a red alarm LED somewhere, you probably don't have it. Also, the RS was the base model and did not come with any power options (door locks). And it was not produced past the 1998 model year.

Last edited by VPUPPY; 04-29-2008 at 06:43 PM.