Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

PLEASE HELP, 97 civic, tweeter question

Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 PM
xboxryda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP, 97 civic, tweeter question

i have a pioneer 22 rms x 4 ch cd player.. my car has cheap factory components in it.

i plan on getting the 30 rms 2 way pioneer speakers at walmart. coaxil.

should i leave the factory tweeter hooked up or disconnect it?

or should i get a cheap set of components? my 2 problems with components is i dont think i have enough power for them, and i dont want to risk buying a set that the tweeters wont fit perfect... and no i dont want an amp..

THANK YOU
Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keeping the tweeter should be ok BUT it may drop the OHM load of the speaker down...

what you should do is see where the tweeter is connected...then go to the harness and find out what the ohm load is of the factory front speakers PLUS tweeter...

then connect the pioneers...check the OHM load of both the tweeter and the pioneer combined...if it is any LOWER then 3.3 ohms DO NOT leave the tweeter connect...

hope that helps...
if it wasnt clear for you let me know ill explain it again...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
xboxryda

Default thanks

thanks,, honestly i have no skill with this,, i know the back of the front speakers say 4ohm, but i dunno about the tweeter. im just wondering how shitty the actual tweeters are that factory uses? or if its one of those things i wouldnt even notice and just waste money trying to upgrade>?

and seeing how im putting out 22rms x4.. i think the 30watt pioneers should be nice... but alot of people on another site are telling me to get high end 60watt components for my deck?? wouldnt that be worse to under power them so much?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

underpowering speakers are a bad idea...

the best speakers for aftermarket decks and no amps IMO are the Alpine type S or the infinity REF.

i wouldnt buy those pioneers
Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Tedmond

yeap underpowering is a bad ide for your speakers. however, if you have a factory deck, take a digital multimeter and read the resistance on the speaker. I know factory speakers say 4, but its never true. they are always higher than wat they are rated for. If your speakers are 4 and tweeters are 4 ohms, wiring in paralle will give u 2 ohm load(too low for your deck) if you wire in series, you get 8 ohms(safe to use, underpowering even MORE than before)
Old 11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Tedmond

hope that answers ur question, if not just ask or PM, ill be glad to help.